Halloween Mini Cupcakes are not only adorable but also incredibly delicious carrot cake treats, perfectly sized for a delightful bite-sized indulgence that kids will absolutely adore. These little delights are both fun to prepare and a breeze to make, requiring no special culinary expertise whatsoever.
Halloween is around the corner and some of you may be searching for healthier options for your little ones and their friends. I made these adorable ghost-looking Halloween Mini Cupcakes last year I am planning to make them again. They were quite popular amongst the kids and of course, my grandsons, who love most of the treats I make.
Well, the FESTIVE CARROT CAKE MUFFINS are one of their favorites, however, they are just too big for a Halloween treat. Therefore I decided to adjust the recipe and make mini cupcakes. Nevertheless, you may also like to try the muffin size, which is great for breakfast with coffee or tea. Now let’s not forget the MARZIPAN PUMPKINS which is a separate recipe, so please take a look if you like. They are a great addition to the festivities of this season.
I truly hope you will try this recipe and let me know what you think. I wish you a joyful Holiday season!
HALLOWEEN MINI CUPCAKES
- mini cupcake baking tray
- mini cupcake liners
- Mini ice cream scoop
- piping bag
- CUPCAKES WET INGREDIENTS
- ½ cup of plant-based milk I use oat milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- ¼ cup of grape seed oil or flavorless oil of your choice
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ cup of finely shredded carrot
- DRY INGREDIENTS
- 1 ½ cup of gluten free mix flour I use Bob’s Red Mill
- ½ cup of almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- CASHEW FROSTING
- 1 cup of raw cashews soaked for 6 hours and rinsed
- ½ cup canned coconut cream only the thick part, room temperature
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp green Spirulina powder
- Eye candies 48
- Line your mini cupcake tray with cupcake liners
- Preheat your oven to 350F, 175C.
- Make buttermilk by mixing plant-based milk with apple cider vinegar and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- When ready, mix with all the wet ingredients except carrot.
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add the buttermilk mix while whisking until smooth.
- Add the carrots and mix well again.
- Fill your cupcake tray by using mini-ice cream scoop. Use spatula to scrape off the leftover batter on the scoop before you fill each liner to make sure the cupcakes are nice and neat.
- Bake for 15minutes, or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- CASHEW FROSTING
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth, except Spirulina.
- Scoop 1/3 of the white frosting in a bowl and gradually add Spirulina while mixing.
- Place the frosting into a refrigerator for 2 – 3 hours.
- Fill your piping bag with the white frosting and simply decorate your cupcakes in a shape of a cone. Then do the same with the green.
- By using tweezers, apply the eyes on the side of each cone. If you find the frosting too soft, then you may place it into refrigerator for an hour before you apply the eyes.