Chocolate Chia Pudding Parfait with Quinoa Puffs and Cherries is a superfood delight, full of nutrients. It is easy to make and have it ready for work, gym, or school.
Cherries and chocolate are a match made in heaven, would you agree? Add chia and quinoa to the mix and you have a superfood delight, that is the Chocolate Chia Pudding Parfait. To be honest, I can eat cherries just the way they are because they are my favorite fruit! Nonetheless, it is nice to add them on top of desserts, especially chocolate ones. If you are a cherries lover like me, you may also check out the CHERRY ICE CREAM CAKE recipe, perfect for the hot summertime.
Obviously, there is no question about the mouthwatering flavor combination in this parfait. However, let’s not forget the nutritional benefits as well, mainly because cherries and chia seeds are full of antioxidants. CHIA SEEDS are also rich in amino acids but you can read more about it in this ARTICLE.
By the way, If you are wondering why my image shows only one larger Mason jar, instead of two smaller ones; as my recipe suggests, it is because of the photoshoot. I have lots of photos with two or three jars, therefore, in this case, I decided to go only with one. But do not worry about that, I have calculated the amount for two 8oz jars, which is 1 cup each. That being said, if you have any questions or suggestions, please leave a comment. Thank you so much for visiting and have a wonderful week.
CHOCOLATE CHIA PUDDING PARFAIT
- 2 Mason Jars 8oz, 250ml each
- sauce ladle
- double boiler
- 1/3 cup chia seeds preferably white
- 1 1/4 cup oat milk
- 1 ½ tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1/2 cup puffed quinoa available on AMAZON
- 1 cup cherries pitted halves
- Few whole cherries for decoration
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
- 30 gr dark chocolate I use Lindt 80%.
- Melt above the steam in a double boiler.
- Mix the oat milk with Chia, cacao powder and maple syrup thoroughly in a bowl.
- Leave it in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- By using sauce ladle, fill 1/3 of each jar.
- Add about 2 tbsp of puffed quinoa and place cherry halves around the jar.
- Top with more puffed quinoa and chia pudding.
- Cover with a lid, and place into a refrigerator overnight or for up to 8 hours.
- Before serving, drizzle with chocolate and top with cherries.