Green Keto Salad is a flavorful blend of veggies such as Romaine lettuce, avocado, and grilled Asparagus drizzled with creamy dressing.
This delicious Green Keto Salad is my version of a Ceasar Salad with a twist. It is also one of my favorite salads and once you try it it will be yours too! However, if you prefer, the classic Caesar, of course, veganized, you can always use the dressing from this recipe. Otherwise, follow the instructions for the traditional kind. You may even add some tempeh bacon bits that are included in the SWEET POTATO DELUXE. You can sprinkle this Keto Sald if you like to have more protein.
As you can see this recipe gives you an idea for other options or you may even browse my SALADS page for more. They are all delicious, healthy, and easy to make. I am sure you agree, that consuming one big salad each day is a must. In general, eating as many raw veggies and some fruits is crucial for our health. One of the reasons why I created this Keto Salad is for people who are on the vegan keto diet. Although, I do not support a regular keto diet, for obvious reasons!
Now back to the importance of eating raw fruits and veggies for our health regardless of what diet we are on! Sadly, the majority of people do not consume enough healthy food period! In many cases, they just don’t like it, or they claim they cannot afford it. Unfortunately, this is just a due to lack of education and advertising of unhealthy fast food everywhere. I am trying my best promoting healthier and cruelty-free living here on my blog. I just hope more people would visit.
Thank you so much for visiting and if you have any questions or suggestions please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you. I wish you a wonderful week!
GREEN KETO SALAD
- 1 Romaine lettuce medium size
- 1 avocado
- 350 gr asparagus 1 bunch about 15 shafts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil or oil of your choice
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- Peppercorn blend to taste ground
- CREAMY GARLIC DRESSING
- ½ cup cashews soaked for 4 hours and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp organic yellow mustard or mustard of your choice
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Himalayan pink slat to taste
- Blend all in the blender until smooth.
- Wash and dry your lettuce and set aside.
- Place pumpkin seeds on hot frying pan and roast on each side for few seconds; It doesn’t take long, so be careful, do not burn. Set aside.
- Wash and cut asparagus on smaller pieces and steam for 3 minutes with salt.
- Rinse under cold water.
- Brush with oil and place on heated grilling pan or grill for a minute on each side. When ready, set aside.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a large plate; if they are too big, you may trim them.
- Cut and peal avocado into quarters and arrange on top of the lettuce leaves.
- Top with asparagus and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- Drizzle with creamy garlic dressing.
- Sprinkle with ground peppercorns.