Oven Roasted Veggies are a medley of Brussels Sprouts with Asparagus, Shiitake Mushrooms & Thyme. An easy yet delicious and healthy recipe that the whole family will enjoy. It can be served as a side dish or a main dish. the choice is yours.
Aren’t these Oven Roasted Veggies just the perfect Easter Holiday meal? Those mini potatoes remind me of Easter eggs, while asparagus symbolizes spring greenery. These veggies are easy to make, especially while you are busy making other meals as well. They make a perfect side dish, with some of my other recipes. For example TEMPEH KEBABS or ZUCCHINI FRITTERS.
The other recipe you may also like to try is HOLIDAY VEGGIE LOAF with mushroom gravy. I think I am getting already excited about Easter. It’s been a while since I made this loaf. Although I make Oven Roasted Veggies quite often, even though not always with the same veggies. Sometimes I like to make it with red beet, squash, sweet potato, parsnip, and carrot. But always with Brussels sprouts! I also add more herbs, it depends on what I have. When I was visiting my sister in Slovakia, we made it with Hokkaido pumpkin and herbs from her garden. It was absolutely delicious and I am on the lookout for Hokkaido here in Canada now! Let me know if you tried it!
I truly hope you try this simple recipe and let me know what you think. I would love to get your feedback, so please leave a comment and a star rating. I would truly appreciate it. I wish you a wonderful week!
OVEN ROASTED VEGGIES
- casserolr dish
- Food processor
- 150 gr brussels sprouts 6 to 8 depending on the size
- 300 gr mini potatoes
- 300 gr asparagus 1 bunch
- 150 gr Shiitake mushrooms or mushrooms of your choice
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 6 garlic cloves peeled and sliced
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme (dry)
- Himalayan Pink Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Mix all in a bowl or jar.
- VEGAN PARMESAN RECIPE
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ¼ raw almonds
- ¼ nutritional yeast
- Garlic powder to taste
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- In a food processor chop the nuts by pressing pulse button. Transfer to a bowl, add rest of the ingredients, and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 425F, 220C°.
- Rinse, trim and cut in half the brussels sprouts, transfer into a bowl and add the dressing.
- Toss thoroughly and transfer into a casserole dish.
- Add the potatoes, brush them with oil, add salt and garlic cloves.
- Place into oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Wen ready, add the asparagus on top, brush with oil and add more salt with garlic powder.
- Bake for 15 more minutes.
- In the meantime, sauté the mushrooms on heated oil with salt/paper and add them to the casserole dish with rest of the veggies. Top with fresh thyme.
- Serve with Vegan Parmesan.