Belgium Waffle Breakfast with Caramelized Pear Mille Feuille is a treat the whole family will love. Delicious aroma of the spices will make your mornings cozy, especially during the colder months.
Belgium Waffle Breakfast or brunch is one of my favorites, especially during the colder seasons. As I mentioned in the recipe notes, they are freezable, therefore, I like to have always a few in my freezer. This makes it easier to have them ready in the morning in just a few minutes. Most often I have them with berries, but sometimes I like to try something special. In this case, I made them with Caramelized Pear Mille Feuille.
This flavor and presentation is truly exquisite and I highly recommend for a special family occasions and events. I discovered the idea few years ago, although the original Pear Mille Feuille recipe that inspired me was raw. You can definitely try that, if you prefer and apply the caramelized maple syrup on raw pear layer. On the other hand, you can also try AUTUMN WAFFLES with caramelized apple. Not to forget, Valentine’s Day is around the corner and the CHOCOLATE WAFFLES with strawberies are perfect!
This Belgium Waffle Breakfast recipe is one of the easiest, yet delicious and healthy recipes on my blog. Therefore I hope you try it! Please let me know what you think and if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to contact me anytime! I wish you a wonderful week!
BELGIUM WAFFLE BREAKFAST
- 1 Waffle maker
- 1 Spatula
- 1 brush
- 1 ½ cup plant-based milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup maple syrup you may add more if you like
- 1 ¾ gluten free Bob’s Mill flour blend or flour of your choice
- ½ quinoa flakes
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- olive oil to brush the waffle maker
- PEAR MILLE FEUILLE
- 2 pear I use Bartlett
- ½ maple Syrup
- Lemon juice from ½ lemon
- ¼ cup pecans ¼ crushed
- ½ tsp apple pie spice mix or cinnamon
- Himalayan pink salt pinch
- Mix the milk with vinegar and let it sit for 10min to activate and add maple syrup and coconut oil later.
- Blend all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- When ready combine all together by mixing gently until smooth and let it sit for 10min.
- Preheat your waffle maker to a medium setting.
- When ready, lightly brush with oil.
- Fill your waffle maker measuring cup full and pour the batter in.
- After you receive signal, open the lid and careful remove with plastic thongs and spatula.
- When ready, serve right away with pear mille feuille.
- PEAR MILLE FEUILLE
- Slice your pears evenly into thin slices.
- Remove the bottom part.
- Blend the Maple syrup with lemon, apple pie spice and salt.
- Heat up the frying pan and pour the mixture in the middle.
- Bring to a boil then turn down the heat very low.
- Dip each slice on both sides starting with the first one.
- After you dip the first one, place it on a flat surface (can be plate or tray).
- Sprinkle each slice with crushed pecans before you adding another slice.
- Repeat until you have your each pear completed.
- Scoop the caramelized mixture into a sauce pitcher.
- Pour caramel on waffles and sprinkle with crashed pecans.