Wholesome Buddha Bowl is a flavorful fusion of Asian style pasta with veggies, such as Napa cabbage, red peppers, and red cabbage. In combination with marinated tofu sautéed to golden brown this is a perfect meal for your Mind, Body, and Soul.
Spring finally arrived and we are having quite lovely weather here in Toronto area. However, rain is coming tomorrow and we may even get some snow. Oh well, the main thing is that the temperature is rising slowly but surely. I do not have much time to enjoy the outdoors, since my twin grandson’s birthday is coming up and I will be making desserts.
However, first lets talk about this delicious Wholesome Buddha Bowl that I just made. It’s been a while since I created a recipe with Asian flavour, although, I am not sure whether it’s Japanese or Thai. Originally I was planning using Pad Thai noodles, but I changed my mind. Nevertheless, you can if you prefer, or you can use SOBA noodles, or even rice VERMICELLI.
I love them all, yet after making my precious recipe, the HEARTY VEGGIE SOUP I chose GoGo Quinoa pasta again. The soup really turned out delicious with this pasta and eventough in this recipe I am using spaghetti, it really doesn’t make a difference. These spaghetti, are not that different than noodles, especially if they are made of rice and quinoa.
What I like the most is that they are highly nutritious and delicious as well, including their texture. I truly highly recommend; you wont be disappointed. Regarding the rest of the recipe, it is pretty straight forward, especially, if you watch the video. However, couldn’t include everything in the video, because it would be way too long. Also the broccoli is not included in the recipe. But I figure, who doesn’t know how to steam broccoli right? Oh and the cabbage! I have included it in one of my previous recipes, the ASIAN RAINBOW SALAD. You may take a look at the video if you like, but it was very messy.
Thank you much for visiting and I hope you like this Wholesome Buddha Bowl recipe. I f you have any questions or suggestions, please contact me anytime. I wish you a wonderful springtime.
WHOLESOME BUDDHA BOWL
- 1 Sharp knife
- 1 Frying pan
- 1 plastic container
- 1 thongs
- 227 g pasta I use GoGo Quinoa, but you can use pasta of your choice
- ½ of medium size Napa cabbage finely sliced
- 4 mini red peppers or 1 bell pepper finely sliced
- 1 1/2 cup of red cabbage finely sliced
- 3 tbsp oil
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tbsp fresh ginger minced
- ¼ cup tamari
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Scallions to garnish sliced
- Cilantro to garnish
- 500 gr organic firm tofu
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ¼ cup tamari
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ginger fresh or powder
- Blend all thoroughly.
- Open the tofu package and drain the liquid. Place the tofu into a tight container that will be pressing it down. Alternative option would be to place the tofu on a tray and cover with something heavy for 30minutes.
- When ready, drain the remaining liquid and dry tofu in clean towel.
- Cut into cubes and place into container.
- Merge in marinade and let it sit for 1 hour. I suggest saving some marinade for later.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta in accordance with the instructions on the package and set aside.
- On heated oil, sauté, garlic and gradually add tamari, ginger, chili sauce, maple syrup and lemon while stirring.
- Add the peppers, sauté for a minute, then reduce the heat.
- Add pasta and toss well, but gently add napa cabbage toss again.
- You may turn off the heat now and add the red cabbage.
- Toss well again and top with scallions.
- Heat up oil and gradually arrange all the cubes on the pan, with half of the marinade.
- Flip each cube couple times making sure they are evenly done.
- At the end, add the rest of the marinade, let it simmer for few seconds, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and turn off the heat.
- Arrange your bowls and top with scallions and cilantro. You may add some other veggies such as broccoli or what ever you choose.