Hearty Veggie Soup with Fusilli pasta and Navy Beans is a flavorful, nutritious and quick meal that will satisfy the whole family.
Who does not love warm bowl of soup at this time of year? We are counting the days for spring to take over, but it’s going to be few more weeks, especially here in Canada. Therefore I have for you this belly warming and delicious Hearty Veggie Soup.
It is also super healthy, easy to make and even cost effective. Also, regarding the GoGo Quinoa Fusilli Gluten Free pasta I am using, it is available on Amazon and it is an excellent, inexpensive Canadian brand. However, I know it may not be as easy to get it for some of you living in other parts of the world. Nevertheless, I always advise using, gluten free or spelt pasta, because it is much healthier than traditional pasta.
They are many new wonderful brands in every country, all you have to do is to look for them. I have tried many types and I love spelt, rice pasta or noodles, but also pasta or noodles made of pulses. See what you can find and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
Thank you for visiting and I hope you will try this delicious Hearty Veggie Soup. You may also watch the video and I would be grateful if you subscribe to my YouTube Chanel. I wish you a wonderful week.
HEARTY VEGGIE SOUP
- large pot, cutting board, knife
- 2 parsnips cut into wedges
- 3 carrots sliced
- Fusilli pasta I use Go Go Quinoa
- 1 large broccoli only florets
- 220 gr/8oz cremini mushrooms sliced
- 540 ml canned navy beans rinsed
- 10 cups of water
- 1 tbsp organic vegetable powder stock I use Plochman's
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- In a large pot, bring water to boil, add stock, salt, garlic powder, parsnip, and carrots.
- Stir, wait until it boils again, reduce the heat and cover with lid. Let it simmer for 15minutes.
- In the meantime, sauté mushrooms until golden brown with touch of black pepper.
- Add fusilli pasta and broccoli into soup, stir well and bring to boil again. Reduce the heat, cover with lid and simmer for 8minutes.
- When ready, you will need to add 1 or 2 cups of boiled water into the soup and add the navy beans.
- Stir and add the mushrooms at the end.
- Stir well again and serve.