Vegan Curry Chick’n is veganized, yet equally satisfying and delicious Indian Curry dish that will warm up your belly during the winter season.
If you are Indian food lover like myself, than this Vegan Curry Chick’n is for you. Although this is not the only Indian recipe on my blog, it is though a first one with Soy curls. They are one of those products next to tofu and tempeh, that is tasteless and not overly processed. Adding any flavor to them is easy and this time I decided to try Curry. It turned out amazing, but you be the judge!
However, this recipe is versatile and you can use it for chickpeas, lentil or tofu if you prefer. You can also try my older recipes for example WHOLESOME CHANA MASALA. As you also may notice, this delicious dish is vegan KETO friendly, because soy curls are great for those of you who are on vegan KETO DIET. Which I know is not easy, although I am personally not on any diet. I am an ethical vegan, but I do support healthy vegan food.
As many of you know, they are many options today, from vegan junk food to whole food all the way to raw vegan and fruitarian diet. However, I am sort of somewhere in the middle. The healthier side, yet, not obsessing too much. Except avoiding processed sugar and white flour as much as possible.
Yet, I have white flour dal bread on my photos for this recipe, because the store I was shopping for dal didn’t have whole-wheat. I must also admit, it is more photogenic. Oh well. Once in a while it’s okay, as long as it is not a bad habit of eating white bread, pasta and pastry everyday.
Anyway, I would love to hear your opinion as well, so please let m know what do you think. Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful week.
VEGAN CURRY CHICK’N
- Blender, large frying pan.
- CURRY SAUCE
- 2 medium size tomatoes diced
- 3 tbsp grape seed oil or oil of your choice
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic diced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- Cayenne pepper to taste optional
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- ¾ cup of water
- ½ cup of plain plant-based yogurt
- ¼ cup cilantro diced
- FOR THE CHICK’N
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 2 cups of soy curls soaked for 15min and rinsed
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- On heated oil, sauté onion until translucent. Add garlic with ginger and mix well.
- Add all the spices and sauté about 30sec. while storing.
- Add tomatoes and mix well again.
- Add salt with ¼ cup of water, mix well and reduce the heat.
- Cover with lid and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- When ready, transfer to a blender, add ½ cup of water, yogurt, and blend until smooth.
- MAKE THE CHICK’N
- Add the soy curls to a pan with heated oil. Drizzle with tamari and stir well. Add the garlic powder and stir well again. Sauté until golden brown.
- When ready, add curry sauce and mix thoroughly.
- You may drizzle with coconut cream and top with cilantro. Serve with rice of your choice and dal bread if you like. For keto option I suggest cauliflower rice.