Cherry Ice Cream Cake with Chocolate Ganache is a light and refreshing dessert, perfect for hot summer days. It is quick an easy to make, although beautiful to look at.
These delicious Canadian cherries comes all the way from British Columbia, Ontario is too cold for growing them. Although we have some cherries here, it is risky for a big producers to grow them do to freezing nights in early spring. Nevertheless, the cherry season is now and I eat them as much as I can. They are one of my favorite fruit and if I could I eat a whole bucket of them in one sitting!.
Besides how delicious they are, they have also many HEALTHY BENEFITS and of course they are high in antioxidants. After reading this article I will be eating them even more, even if only frozen adding into my smoothies. I also suggest using frozen ones for this dessert and the fresh ones only for decorating. Just make sure you defrost them before you throw them into a blender.
This Cherry Ice Cream Cake is absolutely delicious and one of the easiest desserts I ever made. However, the marble pattern and cherries on top gives it quite a different impression. Yours guests may think that it took great skills to make it. Oh and if you have some tiny flowers that would make it even better. Just make sure no one eats them if they are not edible. However, if you can get edible flowers, such as daisies, dianthus or phlox.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get any of those, so I used what we have in the garden. When I did the photoshoot, it was already dark outside and too late to go ask my neighbor for some phlox. Oh well, you get the idea! I use hydrangea often because my landlord has so many of them, but they are definitely not edible! Therefore I just use them for the photoshoot and then take them off. Regardless, I love hydrangeas and they are one of my favorite flowers. They are beautiful, thye bloom long time and they look amazing until winter.
Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you try this yummy Cherry Ice Cream Cake . Video is also included so please take a look and don’t forget to subscribe. I wish you a wonderful week!
CHERRY ICE CREAM CAKE
- Blender, loaf pan 9X5inch, plastic wrap, sauce spoon
- VANILLA LAYER
- 1 ½ cup of raw cashews soaked for 6 hours and rinsed
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ cup of maple syrup you may add more if you like
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup of canned coconut cream
- Blend all until smooth transfer to a bowl and place into a refrigerator.
- CHERRY LAYER
- 1 ½ cup of pitted cherries
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup canned coconut cream
- Blend until smooth and transfer to a bowl.
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 60 grams of dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Melt above the steam in double boiler while stirring.
- Line your pan with plastic wrap.
- By using sauce or regular spoon, start with vanilla layer applying the drizzle lengthwise.
- Drizzle cherry layer second, then repeat several times until your vanilla bowl is empty. Also make sure you finish with vanilla layer.
- Place into freezer for 8 hours.
- Take the ice cream cake out of the freezer and place on the kitchen counter for about 15minutes, or until it’s easy to pull out.
- Place it on a tray or flat plate upside down and careful peel the plastic off.
- Transfer it back to a freezer and make the chocolate ganache.
- When ready, drizzle the chocolate ganache on top and decorate with cherries.