Asian Rainbow Salad is a colorful and refreshing blend of veggies with flavorful citrus dressing. It is perfect for hot summer season; however, you can enjoy it anytime of year.
The freshens and vibrant colors of this Asian Rainbow Salad is just perfect for this season. It is not also easy to make and you can even substitute some of the veggies. It is not necessary to follow the recipe exactly but I would suggest that you make that you don’t skip any ingredients for the dressing. The only thing you could add is maybe cayenne pepper or dry chilli flakes if you like spicy. Also, you could use fresh garlic if you proffer, but I find it too strong for salads myself.
Anyway, what makes this salad kind of an Asian is mainly the sesame seed oil, which gives that light Japanese food aroma. The idea came to me when I was making my previous recipe, the VEGAN CHICK’N TERIYAKI that is a fantastic recipe. You can actually make these two together. Oh and if you really feel like making a Japanese feast weekend, then you can also make VEGGIE SALMON SUSHI ROLL.
Also, if you would like to know more about edible flowers, I can name a few besides pansies. For Japanese food would be actually more appropriate Orchids, but I don’t have any at the moment. Otherwise you could use Nasturtiums or Bougainvillea. However, you would be surprise how many flowers out there are edible, although, I proffer just using them as a decoration. After I am done with the photoshoot I put them in the water.
Nevertheless, let me know what you think, I would love to hear your opinion. Thank you so much for visiting nd have a wonderful week.
ASIAN RAINBOW SALAD
- mandoline, julienne cutter
- ¼ of red cabbage shredded on mandoline or sliced with knife
- 1 Romaine lettuce sliced or leaf greens of your choice
- ¼ red onion sliced
- 1 red pepper Shepheard or Bell pepper
- 1 carrot julienne cut
- 6 radishes cut into quarters
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- Avocado to garnish
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Pansies or other edible flowers to garnish optional
- ¼ cup of lemon juice fresh squeezed
- ¼ cup sesame seed oil
- 1/3 maple syrup
- 1 tbsp tamari
- ½ tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Whisk all well in a bowl
- Mix cabbage with lettuce in a bowl.
- Add sliced onion, pepper and carrot and mix well again.
- Add reddish to the mix toss some more.
- Top with tomatoes.
- Add dressing before serving and top with sesame seeds, avocado, and pansies.