Vegan Chick’n Teriyaki with Homemade Sauce has all the delicious flavors of Japanese cuisine, yet it is a healthier version of the restaurant kind. Also, easy to make without any special cooking skills.
Japanese food was always one of my favorites especially teriyaki! Unfortunately, it has been very long time since I dine in Japanese restaurant, not only because I am vegan, but also because of COVID restrictions.
Last time when I was out for walk with my daughter, we passed by a beautiful big Japanese restaurant. It was completely empty, as we could see through the big windows and I thought how nice it would be to go in.
Sadly that is not possible, right now, so I decided to make my own Vegan Chick’n Teriyaki, at home. And oh boy, it turned out absolutely amazing! Besides, much healthier than the one they serve in restaurants. Although, it is nice to sit at the table and be served and skip the dishes once in while; that part I miss!
Nevertheless, making your own Vegan Chick’n Teriyaki is well worth it, especially with Butler Soy Curls. Although, you can make this recipe with tofu as well if you prefer, yet, I love soy curls, because they are better than meat. Well at least I think so, because I have not eat meat since 2009. Yet, I have made few recipes with this product such as VEGAN CHICK’N SATAY or HUNGARIAN PAPRIKASH.
Anyway, I really hope you try this simple recipe, because it is absolutely yummy. Thank you so much for visiting and if you have any questions or suggestions please contact me anytime.
VEGAN CHICK’N TERIYAKI
- FOR TERIYAKI SAUCE
- 1/3 cup of low sodium Tamari
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp ginger grated
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 tbsp arrow root powder
- 1 tbsp water
- FOR CHICK’N TERIYAKI
- 2 cups Soy Curls soaked for 10minutes and rinsed
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil or oil of your choice
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil for flavor
- ¼ cup Teriyaki sauce
- Blend arrow root powder with 1 tbsp water and set aside.
- Mix all the rest of the ingredients in a small pot and bring into a boil.
- Reduce the heat, add the arrow root liquid and whisk until the sauce thickens.
- Take it off the heat and set aside.
- CHICK’N TERIYAKI
- Sauté the soy curls on the hot oil for few seconds, add garlic powder and stir few more seconds until golden brown.
- Add half of the teriyaki sauce and mix well, then turn off the heat.
- Add sesame seed oil and mix again.
- Add the rest of teriyaki sauce and stir well.
- Serve with your favorite veggies. Drizzle with more sauce and top with scallions and sesame seeds.