Decadent Rum Cake that tastes like truffles is a perfect Dessert for rich chocolaty flavor lovers. It is not only totally satisfying, but also highly nutritious and totally guilt free.
There are lots of birthdays in our family, soon as the spring comes, starting with my grandsons in April 1st, then my BD in May 16th followed by my older daughter three days later. In addition my son in law’s sister was cerebrating her’s yesterday and more is coming in June and August.
And his is why I made this Decadent Rum Cake, because I always make one that is rich and chocolaty for my older daughter’s Birthday. Last year I made delicious CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT CAKE that was also very nutty and almost raw. My daughter loves hazelnut desserts and so do I, but this year I decided to try something different. The rum flavor was very popular in desserts back in my country when I was growing up and I was planning for a while to make something similar.
Although, it turned out quite different, tasting more like a truffles, yet delicious. Also, I have to warn you that the cream turns darker the next day. Yeah I was surprised myself. As you can see on the photos before the cake was cut, it is much lither than after. But do not worry, it does not effect the taste.
The other thing I would like to point out is that I am using cacao powder as oppose to cocoa powder, because it is much healthier. Especially for the cream, since the cream is practically raw. Cacao is high in antioxidants and other nutrients, therefore I like t use it in my desserts. Cacao comes from fermented, but not roasted beans. To find out more please read HERE.
I really hope you try this amzing Decadent Rum Cake and let me know what you think. Thank you so much and have a wonderful week.
DECADENT RUM CAKE
- three 2X 7inch cake pans, food processor, parchment paper, spatula, piping bag for decorating.
- 1 ½ cup coconut oil melted above the steam in double boiler
- 1 ½ cup raw coconut sugar sifted
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp rum flavor it can be real rum or flavor imitation
- 3/4 cups cacao powder sifted
- 3/4 cup of almond butter
- 2 1/4 cups of gluten free mix flour I use Bob’s Red Mill
- 3/4 cup of almond flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 1 3/4 cup of almond milk
- RUM CHOCOLATE CREAM
- 1 ½ cup raw cashews soaked for 6 hours and rinsed
- ½ cup Maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut water
- 4 tbsp rum real or imitation
- ½ cup caned coconut cream
- ¼ cup raw coconut oil melted above the steam in a double boiler
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Blend all in a food processor until smooth and place into a refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 350F, 175C
- In a large bowl, or standing mixer, start whisking coconut oil with maple syrup coconut sugar and rum.
- Whisk until smooth, then add almond butter and whisk well again
- Add salt, baking powder and cacao powder and whisk until smooth.
- Blend in the almond flour and start adding flour and milk.
- Divide the dough to a baking 3 cake pans lined with parchment paper and smooth out the surface with spatula.
- Bake for 20minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- When ready, let it cool down for at least 30minues, then remove carefully from the pans.
- Let it cool completely on cooling rack for about, 2 hours, before you apply the cream. You can also wait until the next day if you are not in rush.
- Apply the cream and decorate.