Raw French Tart is a combination of Nutty Base with creamy Fruit blend filling of Mango, Strawberries & Pitaya. It is refreshing yet satisfying and perfect for summer season.
The warm weather is here to stay, after couple weeks of rain, gloominess and cold wind. Therefore is time to make some raw desserts and the first this year is Raw French Tart. Honestly, I am not verse well enough to describe the flavor I got at this time by mixing all these simple ingredients. Also, the beautiful PITAYA color that I love so much! All I can tell you that it is a heaven for your taste buds.
And again, this tart is highly nutritious and guilt free just like all my other desserts. Although, that doesn’t mean you can eat the whole tart at once, but it is perfectly fine if you have one or two pieces for breakfast. My older daughter usually eats the desserts I make for breakfast and she is in excellent shape. However, I do not eat my desserts very much ,because I give them away to my family. I just have little piece and that is enough for me.
I must say that what enjoy the most is making them and photographing them. Also watching others enjoying them gives me a great pleasure. Well this is not only my personal experience but all bakers, chefs, cooks, moms and dads who loves to cook. It truly is a wonderful feeling when you make a meal or dessert and see your loved ones eat it with pleasure.
Nevertheless, this tart is super easy to make, however, you may take a look at RHUBARB WITH STRAWBERRY TART. The video will help you to see exactly how to make it, eventough they are quite different. It really is easier than you think and I just came up with an improvement for making the crust by wearing surgical gloves. Just try it and you will see!
Thank you so much for visiting and if you have any questions or suggestion, feel free to contact me anytime! I wish you a wonderful weekend!
RAW FRENCH TART
- Tart pan 14 X 5 inch, food processor, piping bag, parchment paper, surgical gloves
- FOR THE BASE
- 1 cup Medjool Dates soaked for 15minutes and rinsed
- ¼ cup cold pressed coconut oil melted above the steam in double boiler
- 1 cup of mixed raw nuts almonds, Brazil nuts, hazel nuts, pecans
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan pin salt
- Blend all in a food processor by pressing the pulse button then scrape the sides and set to a fool speed. You may have to repeat couple times before you get it smooth.
- Make a ball in your palms wrap in the plastic warp and place into a refrigerator for 2hours.
- 1 ½ cup raw cashews soaked for 6 hours
- 3/4 cups of caned coconut cream
- 1/3 cup of Maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan pink last
- 1 cup of cubed mango for the yellow cream about 1 1/4 mango depends about size, preferably Ataulfo
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries for the pink cream
- 1 tbsp pitaya powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Divide the ingredients in half, except mango and strawberries.
- Blend one half with mango until smooth, You may also add few drops of lemon juice. It depends on the taste of the mango. I personally did. but it is up to you. Place into a refrigerator for 2 hours, when ready.
- Blend the other half with strawberries and pitaya powder until smooth and place into a refrigerator.
- THE BASE
- Line your tart pan with 14 X 5inch piece of parchment paper. You may brush the bottom with oil first for the paper to stick.
- Put on surgical gloves and peal off the plastic wrap and start shaping your ball into a roll, about 6 inch long.
- Place the roll in the center on the pan and start pressing down with your fingers and palms until flat all the way to the edges.
- Work with your fingers to flatten the edges and remove excess crust. You may fill other area where you do not have enough.
- When ready, place it into a freezer for 1 hour.
- Using a gravy spoon or tablespoon, fill ¼ of the tart with yellow mixture, after with pink and repeat.
- Now take teaspoon and create swirls from left to right and from centre to right. This part is pretty much up to you, so get creative.
- When you are done with your design, place the tart into a freezer overnight or at least for 6 hours.
- Fill a pipping bag with the leftover cream. Try the push the each to one side, so they do mix too much and place into a refrigerator.
- When you are ready to decorate, take the tart out of the freezer and place on the countertop for about an hour. After it should come out easily, it will just need little push from the bottom.
- Place the tart on a tray or cutting board and test your piping bag on a small plate, until you get both colors coming out equally.
- Start decorating your tart in a corner and when you are done, continue in the opposite one. Or you may choose your own design.
- When you are done, place the tart into refrigerator or you can serve immediately. Just make sure it is completely thawed in the center.