Veggie Ramen Soup with Caramelized Tofu is a healthier, yet flavorful option that is also low carb and high protein. Must try recipe if you love bowl of soup full of nutrients for lunch or dinner.
No doubt there is many Ramen soup lover out there, but how many of you actually made homemade Ramen? I personally made it many times and usually I make it with MISO paste, but at this time I tried something different. Well, it is not that much different except instead of miso, I used vegetable broth.
However, in order for this Veggie Ramen Soup to have rich flavor, I added only 1 cup of water to 2 cups of broth. And of course I added other ingredients to add more taste, which you can read in the recipe. Nevertheless, it is totally simple and you can do it in 10 minutes. You may also adjust it to your likening, for example, skip the chilli paste or add more.
You can also double the amount if you wish to make 4 portions. The veggie broth is usually 1L so why not. I was making a video and for that smaller amount was better. Also tofu in my recipe is only half of the 300g package, which is perfect for 4 portions as well. Oh and if you love soups, you may like to check my SOUPS & STEWS page with lots of flavorful recipes.
However, I had only one package the Konjac or Shirataki noodles, because I bought them only out of curiosity. They are excellent if you are on Keto diet or low carb diet. Altough, I must say I personally prefer rice noodles. Nevertheless, there are many different brands of Konjac noodles on the market, so I would suggest to try more than one type. I probably will too, because they are highly nutritious.
Thank you so much for visiting and if there is anything you like to ask or share, please feel free to contact me. I wish you a wonderful week and stay safe.
VEGGIE RAMEN SOUP
- RAMEN BROTH
- 2 cups vegetable broth preferably organic, low sodium
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp chili paste optional
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp seaweed Wakame or Nori
- 1 stalk lemon grass cutup into 1-inch-long slices
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- CARAMELIZED TOFU
- 150 g firm tofu preferable organic
- 2 tbsp black and white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp oil
- TO MARINADE
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbs tamari
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Konjac Ramen noodles or noodles of your choice
- Baby Bok choy
- Cremini Mushrooms
- Fresh cilantro
- RAMEN BROTH
- In a medium pot, mix all the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 7minutes so the flavors merge together.
- When ready, take it off the heat.
- Before, serving, you may remove the lemon grass.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
- CARAMELIZED TOFU
- Slice the tofu to desirable shapes.
- Mix all the ingredients for marinade in a dish.
- Pour half of the marinade into a shallow dish large enough for your tofu slices to fit.
- Arrange the tofu slices next to eachother and pour the rest of the on top.
- You may brush it with in to make sure all is covered evenly.
- Let it marinade for 20minutes.
- When ready arrange the slices on a heated oil in a frying pan.
- Caramelize each side for about 3 minutes, then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Flip each slice and sprinkle again.
- Arrange your ramen bowl and serve.