Raw Easter Tart is a delicious blend of Mango & Blue Spirulina and it is a pure delight for the spring season. It will brighten up your table when you gather with your family and everyone will enjoy the refreshing yet satisfying flavour.
This Raw Easter Tart is my expression of spring, when the sky is blue and sun shines on blossoming flowers. It also tastes delicious and it’s absolutely guilt free. Not very difficult to make neither, if you follow my instructions carefully.
This tart is my expression of spring, when the sky is blue and sun shines on blossoming flowers. It also tastes delicious and it’s absolutely guilt free. Not very difficult to make neither, if you follow my instructions carefully.
EASTER RAW TART
- · Fluted tart pan 9.5 inch X 2 inch deep with removable bottom, glass with flat bottom, plastic wrap, chopstick.
- 2 cups Medjool dates soaked for 15min and rinsed
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup raw coconut melted above the steam in double boiler
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink Salt
- 5 cups raw cashews soaked for 6 hours and rinsed
- 3 fully ripe mangos preferable Adaulfo, pealed and sliced
- 1 ½ tsp Blue Spirulina
- 1 ½ cup fat canned coconut cream 400ml
- ¼ cup raw coconut oil melted above the steam in double boiler
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup Maple syrup you may add more if you like
- Start blending the dates in the food processor by pressing the pulse button while scraping the sides.
- Add the coconut oil and bled full speed at the end until smooth.
- Add almonds and continue blend while pressing the pulse button and scraping the sides.
- Add vanilla with almond flour and blend little bit longer until is all mixed evenly.
- Cut 10 inch piece of plastic wrap and set aside.
- Remove mixture from the food processor, make a ball and place it in the middle of your tart pan.
- Start pressing down with your fingers, until you reach the edges.
- Centre the plastic circle as best as you can on the top of the crust.
- Take the glass and start pressing down until to crust reaches almost the edge of the pan and the bottom is totally flat. Keep about ¼ inch away from the edge.
- Remove the plastic circle and work your fingers around to smooth the sides.
- When ready, place in the freezer.
- Divide cashews in two portions; one little bigger (blue) than the other (yellow).
- In the food processor, blend the cashews with mango, 200ml coconut cream and half of coconut oil coconut oil until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Blend cashews with 200ml coconut cream, maple syrup, vanilla, spirulina, lemon juice and the rest of coconut oil until smooth.
- Fill your tart pan, one half with yellow and the other half with blue. Do the best making the surface smooth. When ready, make swirls with chop stick and place it in a freezer overnight.
- To remove the tart, from the pan, leave it out from the pan, leave it out from the freeze about an hour.
- When ready, push the button with your fingers. It should come out easily.
- You may decorate it with the leftover cream, blueberries and pansies or other edible flowers.