Easter Raw Tart is a delicious blend of Mango & Blue Spirulina and it is a pure delight for the spring season. It will brighten up your table when you gather with your family and everyone will enjoy the refreshing yet satisfying flavour.
This Raw Easter Tart is my expression of spring, when the sky is blue and sun shines on blossoming flowers. It also tastes delicious and it’s absolutely guilt free. Not very difficult to make neither, if you follow my instructions carefully.
This is one of my oldest recipes and I transferred it here from my previous blog. Since then, I made few other raw desserts, that you may like to try as well. For example RAW VEGAN SUPERFOOD CAKE. Or little different type of tart, the RHUBARB & STRAWBERRY TART. Although, this one is baked, but it comes with a video, which will give you a better idea about the process.
If you never tried raw desserts, then I highly recommend. My family loves them and I make them quite often. Not only they are delicious, but full of nutrients as well. Also, there is so many different flavour combinations you can do. And I am always here to help!
One last thing that I mentioned in my previous recipe, I just don’t remember which one. It is about Edible Flowers. I love decorating with flowers, but not always with edible. Sometimes I just use what ever is in he garden, as you can see on my blog if you brows trough my recipes. Pansies are one of my favorite as you can see on this raw cake. However, there are many other edible flowers. And if you like the idea to decorate with flower you should educate yourself. Especially if you are planning to serve them to your friends and family, Here in this article you can found out the basic about EDIBLE FLOWERS.
Thank you so much for visiting. I really hope you like this tart and if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to contact me anytime.
EASTER RAW TART
- · Fluted tart pan 9.5 inch X 2 inch deep with removable bottom, glass with flat bottom, plastic wrap, chopstick.
- 2 cups Medjool dates soaked for 15min and rinsed
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup raw coconut melted above the steam in double boiler
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink Salt
- 5 cups raw cashews soaked for 6 hours and rinsed
- 3 fully ripe mangos preferable Adaulfo, pealed and sliced
- 1 ½ tsp Blue Spirulina
- 1 ½ cup fat canned coconut cream 400ml
- ¼ cup raw coconut oil melted above the steam in double boiler
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup Maple syrup you may add more if you like
- Start blending the dates in the food processor by pressing the pulse button while scraping the sides.
- Add the coconut oil and bled full speed at the end until smooth.
- Add almonds and continue blend while pressing the pulse button and scraping the sides.
- Add vanilla with almond flour and blend little bit longer until is all mixed evenly.
- Cut 10 inch piece of plastic wrap and set aside.
- Remove mixture from the food processor, make a ball and place it in the middle of your tart pan.
- Start pressing down with your fingers, until you reach the edges.
- Centre the plastic circle as best as you can on the top of the crust.
- Take the glass and start pressing down until to crust reaches almost the edge of the pan and the bottom is totally flat. Keep about ¼ inch away from the edge.
- Remove the plastic circle and work your fingers around to smooth the sides.
- When ready, place in the freezer.
- Divide cashews in two portions; one little bigger (blue) than the other (yellow).
- In the food processor, blend the cashews with mango, 200ml coconut cream and half of coconut oil coconut oil until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Blend cashews with 200ml coconut cream, maple syrup, vanilla, spirulina, lemon juice and the rest of coconut oil until smooth.
- Fill your tart pan, one half with yellow and the other half with blue. Do the best making the surface smooth. When ready, make swirls with chop stick and place it in a freezer overnight.
- To remove the tart, from the pan, leave it out from the pan, leave it out from the freeze about an hour.
- When ready, push the button with your fingers. It should come out easily.
- You may decorate it with the leftover cream, blueberries and pansies or other edible flowers.