Tempeh Kebabs marinade in Homemade BBQ Sauce, served with Creamy Dressing are perfect addition to your BBQ parties this upcoming season. They can be oven baked or barbequed. The choice is yours!
Saturday was the 1st day of spring and the weather was beautiful and my son in law was already outside barbequing. However, I made my Tempeh Kebabs at home in the oven, because I didn’t know about his plans. Canadian weather is very unpredictable, therefore it is very difficult to plan ahead, especially at his time of year. Also, I had to make sure I take the photos at home first.
Nevertheless, the season just began and there is enough time to make them on the grill. I will take photos as well and include them here for sure. They are delicious when oven baked, so I can only imagine the amazing flavour if grilled on charcoal. By the way, I made them many times before for parties and they were always a big success. Even people who never tried tempeh enjoyed them very much .
I know that many people do not actulay like tempeh, even vegans and I used to be one of them. But I gave this product a chance and I learned to prepare it in many delicious ways. Tempeh is a very healthy plant protein source and it rightfully deserves its place on our menu. So if you are not tempeh fan, I highly recommend this recipe and maybe you will change your mind. To find out more about the nutritional value of tempeh, please read HERE.
And whether you are fan or not, you are welcome to try LOADED SWEET POTATO FRIES with Smoked Tempeh Bits as well. Super easy to make yet scrumptious. Also, I will be adding more tempeh recipes, so please stay tuned.
As I promised, I have photo of Tempeh Kebabs on the grill from my April 1st, which was my grandson’s Fifth Birthday. WW had lots of fun, even though it was very cold that day, but at least sunny. The kebabs were absolutely delicious!!!
How you tried tempeh before? If you have, I would like to read about your experience. And if you have any questions or suggestions, contact me anytime. Thank you for visiting and have a wonderful week.
- Skewers 8, parchment paper, brush
- 250 gr Tempeh evenly cubed
- 200 gr Cremini mushrooms cut into quarters or halves, depends on their size
- Large onion cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil or oil of your choice
- Homemade BBQ Sauce recipe included in notes
- CREAMY DRESSING
- ½ cup raw cashews (soaked 4 to 6 hours)
- ½ cup Filtered water
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Blend all in a high-power blender until smooth
- Make your kebabs by piercing tempeh cubes, onion, and mushrooms on each skewer.
- Place in a large container and brush each kebab with little bit of oil first and then BBQ sauce on both sides.
- Cover with lid or plastic wrap and place into a refrigerator for couple of hours or overnight to marinade.
- FOR OVEN BAKED
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- When ready, arrange them on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You may brush with more BBQ sauce before baking. Bake for 30min.
- Reset the oven to broil and bake for 5 to 7 min longer.
- FOR GRILLING
- Preheat the grill to 400F, 200C.
- Grill for 20min while turning kebabs every 5minutes, while brushing with more BBQ sauce.
- Serve with creamy dressing.
RELATED RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE