Brownies with Caramel Layer, Drizzled with Chocolate, and Sprinkled with Almonds are pure delight for your taste buds. They are also easy to make and totally guilt free made of highly nutritious ingredients.
Brownies are one the easiest treats to make, yet, it took me a while to actually do it. I guess it was the fact that I wanted something more than just regular brownies. Well, it looks like I finally got the right combination of ingredients and flavors that I am happy with. These Brownies with Caramel are not only delicious but healthy as well. Of course, as I said many times before, not if you eat the whole tray by yourself. They are very rich and satisfying anyway, so not too many people could eat more than two.
Nevertheless, let’s talk about the caramel layer which is made of Medjool Dates. As you probably know, they are highly nutritious and they are the healthiest sweetener. However, if you like to learn more, you can read all about them HERE. I am also using the same caramel recipe in my WHITE CHOCOLATE TART all the ingredients are very healthy and it is practically raw. This caramel alone is a delicious and healthy treat that you can add to your breakfast bowl.
I truly hope you will try these Brownies with Caramel and let me what you think. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment. Thank you for visiting and have a wonderful week!
BROWNIES WITH CARAMEL
- Baking pan 8X8 inch
- double boiler
- parchment paper,
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil or vegan butter melted above the steam in double boiler
- ½ cup raw coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup of almond butter
- ¾ cup of gluten free mix flour I use Bob’s Red Mill
- ¼ cup of almond flour
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- ½ cup of almond milk
- CARAMEL LAYER
- 1 cup Medjool dates pitted & soaked 15min and rinsed
- ½ cup plant almond milk
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ¼ cup almond butter unsweetened
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp caramel extract
- Blend all in a blender until smooth.
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
- 200 grams dark chocolate at least 75%, but I use Lindt 95%
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Melt the chocolate including the other ingredients above the steam while stirring with spoon or whisk.
- Preheat the oven to 350F, 175C°.
- In a large bowl, start whisking coconut oil with maple syrup coconut sugar and vanilla extract.
- Whisk until smooth, then add almond butter and whisk well again
- Add salt, baking powder and cacao powder and whisk until smooth.
- Blend in the almond flour and start adding flour and milk.
- Stir thoroughly by using spatula.
- Pour the dough to a baking pan lined with parchment paper and smooth out the surface with spatula.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- When ready, let it cool down for at least 30minues.
- Remove from the pan, apply the caramel layer and place into a refrigerator for 30minutes.
- Drizzle with chocolate and sprinkle with almonds.
- Refrigerate for two hours and serve.