Garbanzo Salad with Veggies & Cashew Mayo is a wonderful and easy to make substitute for tuna salad. It is a great meal for lunch or dinner that is not only delicious, but also high in protein, antioxidants, and other nutrients.
This is a very old recipe of mine originally made with Vegenaise. And I know there is many similar recipes like this out there. Nevertheless, everyone is little bit different and this is my version and I hope you will like it.
Most of you probably craving warm and comforting food at this time of year and so do I. Nevertheless, this Garbanzo Salad can be a great addition to your daily meal planner even if it is cold because it is suitable for any season.
It is perfect for sandwiches, wraps or you can eat it with crackers, the choice is yours. I personally like to make a big pot of vegetable soup for few days and have a sandwich with this salad as a combo. Quick and easy, not to forget, highly nutritious, very tasty and satisfying.
If I may suggest couple of soups that you could make, it would be CREAMY CARROT BISQUE and JACKFRUIT STEW. However, feel free to visit my SOUPS & STEWS page and pick your own, I am sure you will find your favorite.
Now I am wondering of you have your own Garbanzo Salad recipe. If yes, what ingredients are you using? I always love to hear your questions and suggestions! Thank you for visiting and have a wonderful week!
- Food processor, blender
- 1 can 500ml chickpeas/garbanzo rinsed
- 1 cup radishes washed and cut into quarters
- 1 cup Celery stalk washed and cut into smaller pieces
- 1 red onion cut into quarters
- 1 cup Italian parsley thick stems removed
- 1 tbsp Nori sheet cut into small pieces
- ½ cup Cashew Mayo
- Black Pepper to taste
- Himalayan Pink salt to taste
- CASHEW MAYO
- ½ cup of raw cashews soaked 6 hours
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp organic yellow mustard
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- ¼ cup Filtered water you can add more if needed
- Blend all in a blender until smooth
- Dice all the veggies in a food processor, by pressing the pulse button. You can do it all at ones or each veggie separately. It depends on the size of your food processor. When ready, transfer the vegies into a bowl.
- Mush the chickpeas, by pressing the pulse button, just make sure you do not over do it and the mixture will remain chunky.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix with veggies while adding Vegan mayo with salt, and pepper. You may add little bit more lemon juice if you like.