Triple Papaya Smoothie with Red Beet Powder, Kiwi, Spinach & Spirulina, is a super boost for the immune system. One glass of this flavorful & vibrant elixir will charge you up for the whole day.
As the old saying goes “One apple a day keeps the doctor away!” Well, as we know today, that is far from being enough! However, if you drink this Triple Papaya Smoothie, there is a very good chance that would be enough.
At this time of year, many tropical fruits are seasonal and even though I live in Canada, we are lucky to have them available from Florida and Mexico. Although we have them all year round, I eat them mostly during the winter when there are not any local fruits available except apples.
However, we all know that tropical fruits are full of nutrients, but let’s see what exactly makes them so healthy. Since this smoothie is mostly made with PAPAYA, here is an ARTICLE that will give you all the details about this amazing sunshine fruit. The other juicy fruit we all love is KIWI FRUIT and of course, we cannot forget about POMEGRANATE. And speaking of tropical fruit, you may also like to check my other smoothie recipes such as SUNSHINE SMOOTHIE and TROPICAL SMOOTHIE.
Of course, we cannot forget the nontropical SPINACH and RED BEET powder, in this smoothie that is also very powerful. So in a nutshell, this smoothie is a powerhouse of antioxidants such as vitamin C and lycopene, fiber, and minerals, such as Iron and calcium.
By the way, this recipe is not set in stone and you can make different variations if you like. For example, you can use mango or persimmons for the orange layer. Strawberries with banana for the red layer. You may also add some celery, green apple, and kale for the green layer. Anyway, the options are endless and it’s up to you how creative you are going to be. And if you have any questions or suggestions I will be happy to hear from you.
Thank you for visiting and stay healthy!
TRIPLE PAPAYA SMOOTHIE
- 1 papaya peeled seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 orange only juice
- 2 tbsp red beet powder
- GREEN LAYER
- 2 kiwi fruits peeled and cubed
- 1 cup organic baby spinach
- ½ avocado
- 1 tsp green spirulina
- ½ cup oat milk or juice from an orange
- TOP LAYER
- 2 tbsp plain plant based yogurt per glass
- Pomegranate seeds
- By using a blender, blend papaya with orange juice until smooth. You may add more juice if needed, it depends on the size of your papaya and orange. I you feel like adding a sweetener, for example, maple syrup or erythritol, that is up to you.
- Remove half of the mixture into a bowl and blend the remaining half with the beet powder.
- Divide the red beet mixture into your glasses, using a large funnel, and do the same with the remaining orange mixture.
- Now rinse your blender and blend all the green layer ingredients. You may also add sweetener if you like.
- Again, using the funnel, make the green layer and top it with plant based yogurt and pomegranates.