Loaded Sweet Potato Fries with Smoked Tempeh Bits, Drizzled with Garlic Dressing, served with steamed Broccoli & roasted Cherry Tomatoes. This is another of my flavorful and lovely looking recipes you can prepare without any special gourmet skills.
Whether you are not familiar with Tempeh, or you just don’t like it, please try this Loaded Sweet Potato Fries with Smoked Tempeh Bits. I can almost guarantee you that you will fall in love with this healthy Asian soy product. Did you You know that the Tempeh was discovered by accident? I didn’t know that myself, until I read Wikipedia. Well, I am really glad it happened, because I love it and as a vegan, I cannot imagine my life without it.
Tempeh, just like tofu is super versatile and with little bit of creativity you can create many different recipes. I will be adding more Asian style recipe after the New Year, that are sweet and spicy, which are my favorite. However, for the Holiday season I have for you this very simple smoked bits, that I added previously on HIGH PROTEIN PIZZA.
In this case, they are served with oven baked sweet potato fries and which is a mouthwatering combination. Just don’t forget the dressing and veggies. By the way, I am not sure what type of vegan mayo is available in your supermarket, or if you proffer making your own.
For example, you can take a look at my garlic dip, which is included in HEALTHY SPELT PIZZA recipe. Another option is Mayo with Aquafaba that seems amazing and I am planning to make it myself someday. Although, I love Vegenaise, which is available in our supermarkets and it’s delicious.
Now I am wondering what is your experience with these products and sweet potato fried. So please, if you have any questions or suggestion share them it with me. Thank you for visiting and have wonderful day.
LOADED SWEET POTATO FRIES
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 250 gr tempeh
- 1 large broccoli or 2 small, only florets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil or oil of your choice
- 1 tbsp low sodium tamari
- ½ tsp smoke liquid
- Garlic powder to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- Fresh thyme to garnish
- GARLIC DRESSING
- ½ cup of Vegan Mayo or Vegenaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Blend all in a bowl until smooth
- Preheat the oven to 450F 220C
- Peel, wash and dry your potatoes and cut into thin wedges. I usually cut them lengthwise into three oval slices and then I cut each one into long about ¼, 7mm inch thin wedges. You may also cut the potatoes in half vertically first if they are too long and cut the edges off as well.
- Now arrange the wedges side by side on baking sheet lined with parchment paper while leaving at least ¼ inches 7mm space.
- Lightly brush with oil, sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Bake for 15min.
- In the meantime, cut tempeh into smaller cubes and chop with knife or by using food processor by pressing pulse button.
- Sauté on hot oil with tamari, smoke liquid, black pepper, and garlic powder until golden brown.
- Take the fries out of the oven and turn them over with thongs or spatula. Bake for another 10 to minutes.
- In the meantime, steam, your broccoli florets for 8 to 10 minutes over boiling water in the steaming basket, covered with lid. You may add salt and garlic powder after they are done.
- Sauté cherry tomatoes cut side up for couple minutes on hot oil. You may add pinch of salt after they are ready.
- Serve with Garlic Dressing.
RELATED RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE