Christmas Bundt Cake with Hazelnut Chocolate Dip and Strawberries is not only delicious, but healthy as well. It is made of whole grain spelt flour full of nutrients, beneficial to your body.
This is the one and the only Bundt Cake I made so far and I made this one last year. Second time I tried making a different recipe did not turned out successfully at all so I got discouraged. Well I guess because I did chose way more challenging recipe than this Christmas Bundt Cake, which is very easy.
Nevertheless, I am going to try again, however, in the meantime I am rewriting this one. Last year I didn’t have this blog, but I was a member of a platform where I was posting my recipes back then. I actually have quite a few there and I don’t have time to transfer them here. In the meantime they are linked to my RECIPES PAGES and that way they are accessible to you.
However, enough about that and lets talk about how simple yet beautiful and delicious is this Christmas Bundt Cake. First of all, I am using this Swirl Pan I got on Amazon. Everybody were asking me about it last year. Although, you can use what ever you have. I find all Bundt cake shapes pretty and very festive.
At last, I have to mention the healthy side of this very traditional dessert, which normally would not be healthy at all. Luckily, today we are bake to transform old recipes and make them healthy and still delicious. I am not sure if you are familiar with my other desserts, because I always bake with whole grain spelt or gluten free flour and I substitute processed sugar with raw coconut sugar, maple syrup or Xylitol. But I also make a point that this doesn’t mean you should eat the whole cake on one sitting, lol.
How you made Bundt cake before? I would love to find out about your experience and I could use some advise as well. Thnak you so much for visiting and I wish you a joyful day.
CHRISTMAS BUNDT CAKE
- Bundt cake pan, brush, double boiler.
- 2 ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup grape seed oil or other neutral flavour oil of your choice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Xylitol or raw coconut sugar 1 cup
- 2 ¾ cup Whole grain Spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE DIP
- 1/2 cup Hazelnut butter
- 20 gr Dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Lightly apply oil into your bund cake form with a brush.
- In a bowl, mix apple sauce with oil and whisk thoroughly.
- Add sweetener with vanilla and apple cider vinegar. Whisk thoroughly again.
- In a separate bowl, blend flour, with rest of the ingredients.
- Gradually keep adding dry mixture into the wet mixture while stirring, until well combined.
- Pour mixture into your form and bake for 45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool down for 1omin and gently remove from the form.
- Dust with Xylitol and decorate with strawberries and pomegranate.
- Serve with hazelnut chocolate dip.
- HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE DIP
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler above steam.
- When ready, take it off the heat.
- Add hazelnut butter and whisk thoroughly.
- Add maple syrup and repeat.
RELATED RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE