Delightful Christmas Bundt Cake with Hazelnut Chocolate Dip and Strawberries is a treat that not only tantalizes your taste buds but also nourishes your body. Crafted using whole grain spelt flour, this cake is a wholesome source of nutrients, making it a healthier choice for your holiday festivities.”
This is the one and the only Bundt Cake I made so far. The second time I tried making a different recipe it, did not turn out successfully at all. Well, I guess because I did choose a way more challenging recipe than this one. This easy bundt cake I made last year, which was before I had this blog. I was a member of a platform where I was posting my recipes. I actually have quite a few there and I don’t have time to transfer them here. In the meantime, they are linked to my RECIPE PAGES, and that way they are accessible to you.
However, enough about that, and let’s talk about how simple yet beautiful and delicious is this Christmas Bundt Cake. First of all, I am using this Swirl Pan I got on Amazon. Everybody was asking me about it last year. Although, you can use whatever you have. I find all Bundt cake shapes pretty and very festive.
At last, I have to mention the healthy side of this very traditional dessert, which normally would not be healthy at all. Luckily today we are able to transform old recipes and make them healthier and still delicious. I am not sure if you are familiar with my other desserts, because I always bake with whole-grain spelt or gluten-free flour. I also substitute processed sugar with raw coconut sugar, maple syrup, or Swereve. However, this doesn’t mean you should eat the whole cake in one sitting!
Have you made Bundt cake before? I would love to find out about your experience because I could use some advice as well. Thank you so much for visiting and I wish you a joyful Holiday!
CHRISTMAS BUNDT CAKE
- Bundt cake form
- double boiler
- 2 ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup grape seed oil or other neutral flavour oil of your choice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup raw coconut sugar or Swereve sweetener 1/3 cup
- 2 ¾ cup whole grain spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE DIP
- 1/2 cup Hazelnut butter
- 20 gr Dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Lightly apply oil into your bund cake form with a brush.
- In a bowl, mix apple sauce with oil and whisk thoroughly.
- Add sweetener with vanilla and apple cider vinegar. Whisk thoroughly again.
- In a separate bowl, blend flour, with rest of the ingredients.
- Gradually keep adding dry mixture into the wet mixture while stirring, until well combined.
- Pour mixture into your form and bake for 45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool down for 1omin and gently remove from the form.
- Dust with Xylitol and decorate with strawberries and pomegranate.
- Serve with hazelnut chocolate dip.
- HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE DIP
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler above steam.
- When ready, take it off the heat.
- Add hazelnut butter and whisk thoroughly.
- Add maple syrup and repeat.