Holiday Chia Parfait are Pumpkin Spice flavored layers with Quinoa Granola and Pomegranate. Easy yet festive and finger licking Dessert that anyone can make.
Anytime you have a sweet tooth, but you don’t feel like making anything too elaborate, chia is always a great choice! Nevertheless, you can make it also festive like this Holiday Chia Parfait for example. However, there are just so many other ways that chia pudding can be flavoured and arranged. I have done quite a few myself and you can take a look on my SMOOTHIES & BREAKFAST page if you like.
Nevertheless, it is up to you whether you prefer chia pudding as breakfast or dessert. In my opinion it can be both and what’s best, it is highly nutritious. And just to make sure you know how nutritious, here is an ARTICLE where you can find out all the details.
There is one more article I have for you that explains the difference between WHITE & BLACK CHIA SEEDS. Altough, I don’t use white chia seeds for any other reason than aesthetic. In my opinion they look better, especially if there are any spices, or powders such as PITAYA POWDER added.
In this case for the Holiday Chia Parfait I added Pumpkin Spice and if I was using black chia, it wouldn’t look good at all. However, I am not sure if you have white chia available in your supermarket, but don’t worry, you can always order it from AMAZON.
Are you a chia lover? Or you are new to this amzing superfood? I would love to find out about your experience. Thank you for visiting and have a wonderful week.
HOLIDAY CHIA PARFAIT
- Large funnel, parchment paper, double boiler
- 1 ¾ canned light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup white chia
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Blend all in a bowl cover with lid or plastic wrap and place into a refrigerator for couple of hours.
- 1 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup grind nuts and seeds for example sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, pecans or any other of your choice
- ¼ cup unrefined coconut oil melted above the steam in double boiler
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven to 400F 200C
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and spread evenly with spatula on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10mintes or until golden brown.
- When ready, let it cool down for 10minutes and scoop into a bowl. Smash the big chunks so you can fit all easier into glasses.
- Take a heap tablespoon of granola and start filling your glasses. Repeat 3 times for each glass for the bottom layer.
- To make the chia layer you need large funnel to help you to make the process easier and tidier. It will take about 4 to 5 tbsp for each glass.
- Create another granola layer and chia layer.
- When ready, divide the cup of pomegranate in two halves and create a layer in each glass.
- Apply another chia layer and you may top with coconut whipped cream if you like. Or it could be coconut yogurt or ice cream if you prefer.