Tropical Porridge is a delicious blend of Quinoa Flakes with Pitaya powder and Coconut Yogurt toped with Fruits. This highly nutritious and satisfying breakfast that will give you boost in the morning.
This is the time of the year when I get creative with porridge recipes, like this Tropical Porridge today! Not only I have cravings for them, but also the variety of tropical fruits in season right now are great inspiration too! Although I live in Canada, which is far from Tropical, we are lucky enough to have many types of these delicious fruits available to us mainly from Florida, Mexico and other parts of Central America.
One of my favorites is pomegranate, which is also the fruit of Christmas. It is beautiful, delicious and full of antioxidants, so make sure you add it on your smoothies, porridge and even salads like I do on my GURU SALAD. Another is Pitaya, also called Dragon Fruit with very subtle taste, yet very beautiful and healthy. I only wish we would get the pink flesh pitaya here too, but we get only white one. That’s why I like to use the Pink Supercolor powder by Suncore Foods available on Amazon.
One more product I would like to mention is the RIVIERA Coconut Yogurt that I love so much. This company also offers Oats yogurt, which is delicious as well and I guess you must try both to decide which one you prefer. Unfortunately this product is not available on Amazon and if you do not live in Toronto area I am not sure where you could find it. All I know that it is available in supermarkets such as Metro, Loblaws and Longos.
I guess this is all I wanted to share with you, however, I am curious if you have a favorite vegan yogurt. Also what is your favorite breakfast. Thank you for visiting and have a wonderful week!
- ½ cup of quinoa flakes
- 1 ½ cups of plain plant-based milk I use oat milk
- 2 tbsp raw coconut sugar or maple syrup
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp baobab
- ¼ cup plain coconut yogurt I use Riviera
- 2 tsp pitaya powder
- maple syrup to taste
- Fruits & coconut flakes to garnish
- In a small pot blend quinoa with milk, vanilla and sugar and bring into a boil.
- Reduce the heat and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat and mix in baobab. Transfer the into your breakfast bowl.
- In a small bowl blend yogurt with pitaya powder and sweetener and pour on top of your porridge.
- Decorate with coconut flakes and fruits.