Buckwheat Porridge with Caramelized Apple, Spiced Maple Syrup, Roasted Pumpkin Seeds & Pecans. So yummy, you will want it every morning!
Here I am with another caramelized apple recipe, lol. However, this time the main feature is Buckwheat Porridge that is a pure delight and you can have it with any fruits you wish. I am going to try it with berries for sure and some tropical fruits as well.
It must be my new obsession now, because it is absolutely delicious, highly nutritious and satisfying. It is just like having a dessert! By the way, if you are not familiar with BUCKWHEAT, you can read more about it HERE. It is were popular in Eastern Europe, especially Poland and Ukraine, although, not so much in my country, which is Slovakia.
However, if you have an experience with buckwheat, I would love to read about it. I am still learning about it, and I am open to suggestions.
Thank you so much for visiting and have a wonderful week.
- ½ cup buckwheat groats toasted
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tbsp raw coconut sugar
- ½ cup plant-based milk of your choice I use oat milk
- CARAMELIZED APPLE
- 1 apple
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp apple pie spice
- Pinch of pink Himalayan Salt
- Plain plant-based yogurt I use Riviera
- Roasted pumpkin seeds and pecans
- In a small pot, bring the water with buckwheat and into a boil. Reduce the heat and cook for 15minutes in total.
- In the meantime, wash and dry your apple well or you may peal the skin if you prefer.
- Cut apple in half and slice into thin slices while removing the two edges of each half and the core.
- Blend the Maple syrup with lemon, apple pie spice and salt.
- Heat up the frying pan and pour the mixture in the middle.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat.
- Arrange all the slices, on your pan and let it soak for minute or two on each side.
- When porridge is cooked, drain any leftover water, add milk instead with sugar and mix well.
- Pour to your bowl and arrange apple slices.
- Add yogurt, scoop the caramelized mixture and drizzle on top with spoon.
- Top with nuts and seeds.
RELATED RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE