French Mini Apple Tarts with Caramelized Maple Syrup Glaze & Roasted Pecans
Yes, I know, another recipe with with apple and caramelized maple syrup and gluten free as well. Yet, completely different, than the previous AUTUMN WAFFLES. What is also interesting that these are French Mini Apple Tarts and the waffles are Belgium.
Of course you don’t have to make them with apples, you can use other fruits for example, pears or berries. I made many types of tarts in the past, for example CHOCOLATE MOUSSE TARTS. Feel free to visit my DESSERTS page to find and find your favorite.
I must say that tarts are one of my favorite desserts. Not only they are always delicious, but they are so lovely to look at. I really enjoy making them and experimenting with different flavours. At this time I made them with apples and apple pie spices because of the Autumn season.
There is nothing like the aroma of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and ginger spreading all over your house. This is what I love the most about this season, besides the colourful trees. Anyway, you can make the Apple Pie Spices from scratch if you follow the highlighted link or you can purchase one on AMAZON.
What is your favorite dessert at this time of year? I would love to read about your experience with baking for Holidays and experimenting with spices. Thank you for visiting and I wish you a wonderful Holiday season.
FRENCH MINI APPLE TARTS
- Food processor, 6 fluted non stick tart forms (4 inch diam, with removable bottom), brush, plastic wrap, glass with flat button.
- APPLE SLICES
- 3 small apples I am using Gala
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple pie spice homemade or store bought
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- MAPLE SYRUP GLAZE
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- ¼ cup crushed roasted pecans
- Mix all in a small pot and bring into a boil.
- Reduce the heat and stir for about two minutes.
- Take it off the heat and transfer to a small bowl or container. Set aside.
- 3 cups gluten free mix I use Bob’s Red Mill
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup arrow root powder
- 1 ¼ cup cooled butter I use Earth Balance
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 – 4 tbsp ice cold water
- APPLES SLICES
- Wash and dry your apples well.
- Cut in half and slice into thin slices while removing the edges of each half and the core.
- In a bowl mix the slices with maple syrup and all the rest of ingredients.
- Cover with lid or plastic warp and set aside.
- Place all the dry ingredients and butter into a food processor and start pressing the pulse button.
- Add the maple syrup with vanilla and blend again, then gradually stat adding the cold water until you see farming a ball.
- Remove the dough and create nice ball.
- Shape the ball into about of 6inch long shape by roiling with your hands on the working surface.
- Divide into 3 equal pieces and cut each in half. Form 6 balls and place them in the centre of your tart pans.
- Press down the first one with your fingers making flat surface.
- Apply plastic wrap to and begin pressing down gently with glass while moving towards the edges, until you create rim about ¼ thick.
- Peal the plastic off and remove the excess dough that overlap the edge.
- Gently press down the edge with you your fingers to make it nice and smooth.
- Repeat until you have all six done.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Pierce bottom of each tart with fork and start arranging apple slices into a fan pattern using about 11 to 12 slices folding second under first and so on.
- Bake for 20min and let cool down for about 15min before you remove them from the pans.
- Apply maple syrup glaze with brush, and top with roasted pecans.
- You may serve with vegan ice cream if you like.
RELATED RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE