Festive Spaghetti Squash with Mushrooms, Sundried Tomatoes and Cashew Sauce is a perfect addition to this Holiday Season!
Just because Canadian Thanksgivings are over, it doesn’t mean that there is an end to all festivities. Not only Halloween is coming soon, but also our friends in U.S will be celebrating their Thanksgiving in November 26th. And then to wrap it all up, we will have Christmas! I have definitely lots of work ahead of me, but first, lets talk about this flavorful Festive Spaghetti Squash that I just made for our Thanksgiving we had this past Monday.
It is a super easy recipe, although it was not easy for me to cut the squash. And I had two of them. I hope you have sharper knife than I do and a man in the house, lol. Anyway, after little bit of a struggle, I managed and the rest was one of the easiest recipes I ever made. The taste is just wonderful too and so is the presentation, especially if you are setting a table for a Holiday dinner.
There are other recipes on my blog that would go great with this one, for example VEGGIE LOAF or CHICK’N WITH CAULIFLOWER MASH. However, feel free to browse trough my RECIPES and find your favorites. Don’t forget about the DESSERTS, however, more is coming soon, so please stand by.
Otherwise, if you are wondering about the CASHEW CREAM, the recipe is included in a few of my previous recipes, for example the HEALTHY SPELT PIZZA. Therefore I didn’t feel the need to write the same recipe again. I must admit, I use it quite often, because I absolutely love it. I wish you would try it too, if you haven’t done so yet.
Do you have a favorite vegan sauce or cream? I would love to learn about what you like to add to your meals. It can be store bought or homemade. Oh and one more thing, the instructions how to roast pumpkin seeds are in my previous recipe, the CREAMY CARROT BISQUE. It is super easy, as well.
Thank you so much for visiting and happy Holidays. I will be back soon with more festive recipes for sure. In the meantime, you can contact me if you have any questions or suggestions. Wish you all the best and stay safe.
FESTIVE SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- Preheat oven to 400F°, 200C°
- Using very sharp knife, cut the squash in half, lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with tablespoon.
- Brash inside of the halves with oil and add little bit of salt.
- Place both halves round side up on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 40minutes, or until they are easily pierced with fork. It depends on the size, so if they are large it my take 10 minutes longer.
- In the meantime, sauté the minced garlic until golden brown and se aside.
- Also sauté the mushroom with black pepper a set aside.
- Take the squash out of the oven and let it cool down for a few minutes until you can touch them without getting burn.
- By using a fork, scrape the flesh while creating spaghetti. It is very easy, just be careful not to over do it, if you wish to save the shell.
- Divide the garlic in half, you may also add more salt if needed and toss well.
- Gradually keep adding mushrooms and sundried tomatoes while tossing all gently with fork. You may even use two forks; it worked well for me.
- At the end, add the seeds and thyme.
- Serve with cashew cream and vegan parmesan.
Great food, brilliant platting and professional photography.
Thank you so much, you are very kind 💚🌿💚