The exquisite delight of Festive Pumpkin Tart is a harmonious fusion of spiced filling nestled within a delicate spelt crust, adorned with a luscious blanket of Caramelized Maple Syrup, and crowned with perfectly roasted Pecans.
Canadian Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I will be spending time with my family. We are planning a trip to one of our local farms the Downey’s for pumpkin picking and fun! After we will be very hungry for sure, so we are going to have dinner. However, I would like to say that we love visiting farms since my grandsons began walking. Many of them offer such a great variety of activities for children, not to mention the fresh air and education about where the real food comes from.
Anyway, I know this recipe should have been published sooner, but unfortunately, there is always so much to do before Thanksgiving and I can barely make it! I have another recipe that I will be making today because it has to be fresh. The tart is in the freezer and I am praying that it will be okay after defrosting!!! Nevertheless, there are several recipes on my RECIPES page that are great for Thanksgiving. I even shared a few on Instagram and Facebook already and maybe you have seen it. For example, the CHICK’N WITH CAULIFLOWER MASH also has delicious mushroom gravy.
Also, I hope you were able to find something delicious on my DESSERTS page. Either way, I hope you are making some mouthwatering vegan food this weekend. And you can always save this recipe for the next year of course. It is truly worth trying because it tastes absolutely heavenly.
By the way, this is my first pumpkin tart ever and I am not even a big fan of pumpkin desserts! However, I thought I was going to give it a try and I really like it. Altough, it took me a while to adjust the filling until I got the taste perfect. You may also have to do this yourself, so make sure you are satisfied with the taste before you fill your tart. One thing I know for sure is that the Raw Coconut Sugar did the trick for me. But of course, only after all the spices and maple syrup was added.
What is your experience with pumpkin pie or tart? I would love to hear from you whether you have any questions or suggestions. Thank you for visiting and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
FESTIVE PUMPKIN TART
- Nonstick Tart Pan (9.5" x 2")
- Food processor
- surgical gloves
- Glass with flat bottom
- piping bag
- 3 cups high protein sprouted flour or whole grain spelt flour
- 2 tbsp arrow root powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup cooled vegan butter I use organic Earth Balance
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp ice cold water
- 1 ¾ cups pumpkin pure (400ml,15oz) bough or homemade store bough or homemade
- 1 cup of canned fat coconut cream without the liquid
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted above the steam in double boiler
- ¼ cup arrow root powder
- 1 tbsp agar agar
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice store bought or homemade
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup raw coconut sugar
- SPICED CARAMELIZED MAPLE SYRUP
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- Pinch of Himalayan pink slat
- Blend all in a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat while string for couple of minutes. Transfer to a small dish and set aside.
- ¼ cup crushed roasted pecans
- Coconut whipped cream or cashew cream to decorate optional
- Line the bottom of your tart pan with parchment paper. You may brush one side with oil that helps the paper to stick on the bottom of the form.
- Place the dry ingredients with butter into a food processor and start pressing the pulse button.
- Add the maple syrup and blend full speed.
- Add 3 tbsp of ice-cold water 1 tbsp at the time until the dough does form a ball.
- While wearing surgical gloves, remove the dough and create a nice ball.
- Place it in the middle of the tart pan and press down with your fingers making a flat surface, all the way to the edges.
- Apply plastic wrap to cover the surface and begin pressing down gently with glass while moving towards the edges, until you create rim about ¼ inch thick.
- Peal the plastic off and remove the excess dough that overlap the edge.
- Gently press down the edge with you your fingers to make it nice and smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Pierce with fork the bottom of the tart and cover with few beans or baking beads to prevent bubbling.
- Bake for 15min, then remove the beans or beads and bake for another 10minutes. You may check with toothpick to make sure it is ready.
- Let it cool down for 30min, but do not remove it from the pan yet.
- Blend all the ingredients in the pot and bring to a boil. You may adjust the taste.
- Reduce the heat while stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Pour the mixture carefully into your tart, shake it gently side to side. Let it cool on a countertop for 30 minutes, then transfer to a refrigerator for at least couple of hours.
- Before serving, carefully remove from the pan by pushing the bottom upwards. It should come out very easily.
- Decorate with crushed pecans around the rim and drizzle them with caramelized maple syrup.
- You may decorate with coconut whipped cream or cashew cream if you like.