Breakfast Buddha Bowl with Oatmeal with Date Sugar & Plant Based Yogurt
The cold mornings are here and so are the carving for something warm and soothing for our belly. Altough I always love my toast with almond butter and berries in the morning, today I had craving for delicious comforting porridge.
This Breakfast Buddha Bowl is actually one of my older recipes that I made just at the beginning of this year. However, it was on a different social media platform with many of my other recipes. They are all connected to this blog, but I would like to transfer them here completely, starting with this one. I am just not sure how I found the time, lol.
Anyway, As many of you know, I never use traditional, refined sugar in my recipes for obvious reasons. However, for those of you who are not familiar with these facts, please READ HERE. Simply said, processed white sugar is a poison to our bodies and it’s best to be taken out of diet completely. However, we all like to indulge on something sweet at least once at day, besides fruits. Whether piece of chocolate or a cookie and even warm and sweet breakfast bowl like this one.
Luckily, there are many options on the market today, although they may not be as cheep as regular sugar. Nevertheless, who can’t put price on your health? Anyway, today I would like to introduce to you DATE SUGAR that I am using in the recipe. It is extremely healthy and perfect porridge and smoothies, yet I do not recommend for baking.
BREAKFAST BUDDHA BOWL
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp chia
- 2 tbsp date sugar to taste you may add more if you like
- 1 tbsp vegan protein powder
- ¼ cup plain plant-based yogurt I use Riviera or So Delicious
- 1 tbsp crushed hazelnuts
- Cacao bits 2 to taste
- Vegan chocolate optional
- Sliced strawberries and bananas or other fruits of your choice
- In a pot, bring water into boil and add oats.
- Reduce the heat and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Take it off the heat, add date sugar, chia, protein powder, yogurt and stir well.
- Transfer to your bowl.
- Top with fruits, hazelnuts and cacao bits.
RELATED RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE