Creamy Carrot Bisque with Cauliflower, Coconut Cream & Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
October is here my friends, therefore Creamy Carrot Bisque is in order. Altough this one seems traditional at the first glance, the recipe has a touch of an Asian flavour. You can even make it spicy if you like.
As we all know Asian Spices such as Turmeric, Ginger & Cayenne Pepper are excellent to boost our immune system, especially at this time of year. Well, this year we need extra special boost because of COVID 19. Anyway, I have a few recipes on my LUNCH & DINNER page using these spices, for example WHOLESOME CHANA MASALA. Nevertheless, feel free to browse and find your favorite.
Not to forget, this recipe is also a KETO friendly and with the roasted pumpkin seeds quite satisfying as well. Ignore the bread in the photo, that is there just as prop. At least in this case, lol. Otherwise, I love bread and personally I can’t live without it. That’s why I cannot go on Vegan Keto diet. But maybe someday I get the courage.
Right now I am just eating as heathy as possible, but I m not loosing any weight, yet I should. Oh well, I am grandma so who cares right? My two grandsons loves me just the way I am. Anyway, what do you think about KETO? To be more specific Vegan Keto, which is even more challenging than the regular kind. However, the regular kind is definitely not heathy and supports cruelty.
I hope you find this recipe appealing and the information interesting. Thank you for visiting and if you have any questions or suggestions I would love to hear from you. I wish you a wonderful week.
CREAMY CARROT BISQUE
- Food processor
- 6 large carrots pealed and sliced
- 1 small cauliflower or ½ large cut into smaller pieces
- 2 shallots diced
- 5 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh grind ginger
- 2 cups vegetable broth low sodium organic you may add more if needed
- 1 cup fat canned coconut cream
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper optional
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil or oil of your choice
- PUMPKIN SEEDS
- 1 cup
- Heat up a frying pan and spread the seeds evenly.
- Roast on medium heat for about 30 seconds while stirring occasionally.
- Bring the veggie broth into a boil in a pot and add the sliced carrot.
- Reduce the heat and cook for about 10 minutes then add the cauliflower and salt.
- In the meantime, sauté shallots with garlic until translucent. Add the spices including ginger and sauté few seconds longer.
- Pierce the veggies with a fork after about 20 minutes. If they are soft, add the sautéed mixture and stir well.
- Transfer to a blender, add ¾ cup of coconut cream and blend until smooth. Save the rest of the cream for topping.
- Adjust the taste and serve with pumpkin seeds.
RELATED RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE