Festive Carrot Cake Muffins with Maple Curd & Pecans
Even if you don’t have much time for baking this Holiday season, you can make plain carrot cake muffins look festive. Altough even if plain, they are truly delicious and they will fill your house with aroma of seasonal delight.
One of the treat that my whole family loves are these Carrot Cake Muffins, I just wish I had time to make them more often. And even if I have couple other carrot cake recipes, such as CARROT CAKE MINIS & actual CARROT CAKE, these muffins are the easiest to make.
Now you may be wondering about those cute muffin liners, that gives these muffins that festive look. I actually did not even use them for baking. I didn’t use any liners at all and it was absolutely fine. However, it’s up to you whether you prefer to used them for baking or just for decoration. Either way, you can purchase them on Amazon. I feel they are perfect for the upcoming Thanksgiving season and you may like to have them as well.
We have covered the appearance, but what about the texture? Well, I am not sure if you can tell from the photo, but they are soft and fluffy. You could never tell they are healthy vegan, made from whole grain spelt and maple syrup. Also, the curd is absolutely delicious and it gives these muffins another festive touch. So there you have it; simple recipe turning to a gourmet pastry.
So do you like this idea? What are your favorite Thanksgiving desserts? I am would love to hear your suggestions and questions. Have a wonderful Holiday Season!
FESTIVE CARROT CAKE MUFFINS
- Muffin pan with liners, piping bag.
- DRY INGREDIENTS
- 2 cups whole grain spelt flour
- 1 ½ cups of carrots shredded, very finely
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup crushed pecans
- WET INGREDIENTS
- 1 ½ cups of carrots 4 to 5 medium size shredded, very finely
- ¼ cup of grape seed or flavorless oil of your choice
- Unsweetened applesauce ¼ cup
- ½ cup of plant-based milk I use oat milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- MAPLE CURD
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Arrow Root
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium size bowl mix wit appl cider vinegar and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients except pecans.
- Mix rest of the wet ingredients with milk, except carrot.
- Gradually add the milk mixture into flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add the carrots and mix well.
- Add the pecans mix thoroughly again.
- Spoon batter into your muffing tray; about ¼ cup each.
- Bake for 25 to 30min, until toothpick comes out clean.
- When ready, let it cool down for 15min and remove them from the tray.
- Decorate with curd using piping bag and sprinkle with crashed pecans.
- MAPLE CURD
- In a small pot, whisk all ingredients and bring into a boil.
- Reduce the heat, while continue whisking until mixture thickens.
- Take it off the heat.
- Let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Fill up your pipping bag and decorate your muffins.
RELATED RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE