Vegan Chick’n Satay with Spicy Peanut Dip
Barbecue season maybe coming to an end, however, there is still enough time left to make this delicious Vegan Chick’n Satay. And even if you can’t make it on the outdoor grill, you can always make it on the frying pan or indoor grill if you have one.
As you can see, I am using Butler’s Soy Curls again, because they are so versatile. There is so many options what you can make with them and the texture is amazing as well. And yes, it is processed food, but it is less processed than anything else you get on the market besides tofu and tempeh. But of course, it is a product I personalty eat only once or twice a month.
Altough, I may have to make this Vegan Chick’n Satay sooner! It was just too yummy! LOL! Oh and I highly recommend salad with shredded red cabbage, julienne carrot and other veggies you like, with your favorite dressing. I didn’t added the recipe, because I just put that quickly together for the photoshoot. You can also have it with rice, unless you are on Keto diet. In that case you may have Cauliflower Rice.
For those of you who are new toy Soy Curls, you can also check my previous recipes VEGAN KETO CHICK’N WITH CAULIFLOWER MASH & HUNGARIAN PAPRIKASH. They are both delicious, yet high in protein and low in carbs.
Well, I guess this is all for now, but if you have any questions or suggestions, I would love to hear from you. Thank you for visiting and have a wonderful day.
VEGAN CHICK’N SATAY
- Food processor
- Soy curls 110gr 1/2 bag only the large pieces
- Bamboo skewers 8 soaked for 2 hours in cold water
- TO MARINADE
- 2 tbsp low sodium Tamari
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup or Xylitol for Keto
- ¼ Nori sheet cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tsbp Thai seasoning or curry
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger shredded
- 3 cloves of garlic sliced
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil or oil of your choice
- 1 tbsp water
- FOR THE PEANUT DIP
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp low sodium Tamari
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 tsp fresh ginger shredded
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup for Keto Xylitol
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tsp Thai chili sauce optional
- Blend all thoroughly.
- Select only large pieces from the bag of Soy Curls.
- Soak for 5 to 7 minutes in water and rinse.
- In a container, submerge them in the marinade so they are completely covered and store into a refrigerator for minimum 2 hours.
- Apply about 4 curls on 1 skewer by bending it in half, by starting with the largest and smaller at the end. Press them tight together.
- Heat up your grill or oil on frying pan and grill on each side on medium heat until. Turn one or twice until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with salad and rice if you like.
RELATED RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE