Blue Pancakes with Spirulina, Chia & Blueberries could be lovely breakfast for you and your loved ones for a especial occasion. They are not only beautiful but also delicious and healthy.
It’s been a long time since I made pancakes for my blog. Mainly, because I eat them while I am making them, lol. Also, non of the photos I took before I liked, so I didn’t included them into my new blog. However, if you would like to see one of my older recipes I have them saved on Pinterest. These are the pancakes WEEKEND PANCAKES with Homemade Vegan Nutella if you like to take a peek.
As you can see, this recipe is quite different, especially because these are made with Blue Spirulina. And this is not only to make these Blue Pancakes pretty, but also very healthy. If you follow the link, you can find out more about the helath benefits. You can also order from Unicorn Superfoods. That is where I order my spirulina, but you can also order from Amazon, since that way is much faster.
The other product I would like to mention, is the Sprouted High Protein Flour, which I have tried for the first time. Actuality my daughter bought it and gave it to me. Then, I discovered on Amazon the brand, Anita’s Organic Mill and their great selection of products. Maybe you could even try the Sprouted Whole Wheat Pancake & Waffle if you like. I am definitely going to get it myself.
I really hope you find this information interesting and these Blue Pancakes appealing. Thank you for visiting and I would love to hear your questions or suggestions.
- 2 cups sprouted flour or gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ¾ cups plant-based milk I use oat milk
- 2 chia eggs 2tbsp chia mixed well with 8tbsp water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup maple syrup or Xylitol or sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt.
- 2 ½ tbsp blue spirulina powder
- Oil for frying I use grape seed oil
- Prepare your chia eggs and let I sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix thoroughly all dry ingredients in a bowl, except spirulina.
- In a measuring cup, mix all wet ingredients.
- Combine both mixtures including chia with 1 tbsp spirulina and mix thoroughly. If you find the mixture too thick, you may add 1tbsp of milk and mix well again.
- Heat up your pan and brush little bit of oil in the middle.
- With a measuring cup, scoop about 1/2 cup of the mixture and slowly pour on hot oil.
- Cook on medium heat for couple minutes until it starts bubble.
- Flip over with spatula and cook for 1 more minute.
- Repeat 2 more times than add 1tbsp spirulina into the mixture and stir well.
- Make 3 pancakes and add ½ tbsp of spirulina into the mixture.
- Mix well and make last 2 – 3 pancakes.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream, maple syrup and blueberries.