Creamy Yellow Bean Soup with Mushrooms & Dill
You may think that eating soup at summertime is not a greatest idea. However, I can assure you, this soup can be eaten luck warm, or even cold. Aside from that, yellow beans are available only at this time of year.
However, if you cannot find yellow string beans, you may try my other recipes, for example VEGGIE CHOWDER or you can visit my SOUPS & STEWS page. They are equally delicious and I am sure you will like them.
Altough, I must admit, I don’t have that many soup recipes on my blog. But don’t worry, I am planning to add few more in the near future. I love soups and I have some great recipes! You will not be disappointed, I can promise you that!
By the way, what is your favorite soup? I actulay grew up on my grandma’s soups in Slovakia, therefore, many of my recipes are based on the memories from my childhood. Even this Creamy Yellow Bean.
I would truly love to hear about your favorites, likes and dislikes. Thank you for visiting and have a great week.
CREAMY YELLOW BEAN
- Food processor
- ½ cauliflower washed and cut into smaller pieces
- 1 cup of water
- ½ cup raw cashews soaked for 6hours and rinsed
- 4 cups/ 32oz vegetable broth low sodium organic
- 2 cups yellow string beans 2cups washed, removed ends and cut into smaller pieces
- 5 medium potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cup cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion medium size diced
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- ¼ cup fresh dill diced
- 3 bay leaves
- Black pepper to taste
- Apple cider vinegar to taste
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- In a large pot, bring the veggie broth into a boil and add potatoes with bay leaf and salt. Reduce the heat and let it simmer under the lid for 20 minutes.
- When ready, add beans and cook for 10 minuets longer.
- In a smaller pot, cook the cauliflower with 1 cup of water and salt for 15minutes, or until you can pierce easily with work.
- In the meantime, sauté onion and garlic until translucent.
- In the food processor, blend cauliflower with the water and cashew until smooth.
- Add to the pot with beans and mix thoroughly.
- Sauté mushrooms with black pepper util you get slightly dark edges and add them to the soup.
- Add dill and apple cider vinegar and adjust the taste.
- You may add more water if you find the soup too thick.
RELATED RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE