Strawberry Vanilla Cake with Cashew Cream & Homemade Jam
Our family has been quite busy celebrating birthdays beginning with my grandsons in April, and I am busy bee making cakes, lol. For my grandsons’s BD I made CARROT CAKE already second time since Thanksgiving, because the whole family loves this one. This photoshoot is from the Thanksgiving by the way. In May, as some of you know, I made rich CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT CAKE for my older daughter and last week I made this delicious STRAWBERRY VANILLA CAKE.
There is still another BD coming up in August and that is my son in law. I am not sure if I am going to making cake. In previous years his sister was in charge and I was making only a some desserts. Will see what happens this year, but we will not have a big party we used to for sure. Honestly, as I said before, I prefer just small parties anyway.
However, lets talk more about this delicious and healthy cake! That’s right, it is healthy and full of nutrients, as all my desserts are. Well as long as you don’t eat the whole cake on one sitting! We must keep in mind that it is still a dessert and not a veggie, lol. Also, it is not raw, it is baked, which i fine, because I am using, one of the healthiest flours out there, the whole grain spelt and no refined sugar. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to cut the cake for the photoshoot again, because it was obviously for my daughter.
I am actulay having quite the dilemma with this. I would love to have a photo of cut piece of cakes a make as well. But I guess I would have to make two, lol. Oh boy, that would be really lots of work. Maybe in the future when I get better at it. Luckily, I have some older cake recipes that were not made for birthday’s and I was able to cut them for the photoshoot. You are welcome to check them out. They are on my DESSERTS page. Oh and please let me know what you think about that! Also, if you have any questions feel free to ask. Thank you so much for visiting!
STRAWBERRY VANILLA CAKE
- 3X – 7 inch spring cake form, parchment paper, brush, long sharp serrated edge knife, food processor.
- 3 ½ cups apple sauce unsweetened
- ¾ cup of grape seed oil or other neutral flavour oil of your choice
- 1 1/2 tbs apple cider vinegar 1 1/2tbs
- 1 1/2 cup Xylitol or raw coconut sugar 1 cup
- 3 ¾ cups whole grain Spelt flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder 1 1/2tbsp
- 1 tbsp baking soda 1tbsp
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract 2tsp
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- CASHEW CREAM
- 2 cups cashews 2 cups presoaked for 4 to 6 hours
- 1 cup canned coconut cream 1 cup cooled, including the coconut water
- 1/2 cup Xylitol or Maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Blend all in the blender until smooth and place into refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- STRAWBERRY CHIA JAM
- Fresh strawberries 1 cup washed and sliced
- Maple Syrup ¼ cup
- Chia 1tbs
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Cut 7inch diam circles out of parchment paper and place them on the bottom of your forms. You may brush the bottoms with oil first so the paper would sick.
- In a bowl, mix apple sauce with oil and whisk thoroughly.
- Add sweetener with vanilla and apple cider vinegar. Whisk thoroughly again.
- In a separate bowl, blend flour, with rest of the ingredients.
- Gradually keep adding dry mixture into the wet mixture while stirring, until well combined.
- Pour mixture equally into your three forms and bake for 45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool down for at least 20min.
- Remove from the forms and carefully flip upside down on your working surface.
- Let it cool for at least couple of hours or overnight.
- Carefully remove the bottoms and flip back.
- Trim the tops with long sharp serrated edge knife.
- Cut each cake in half with same knife.
- Apply jam, about 3tbsp on the first half and place the second half on top.
- Apply cream, by using mini ice cream scoop, 3tbsp on top and repeat until you done.
- Cover with cream by using spatula. You may need to apply about three layers and place the cake into a freezer for 15 minutes between each layer.
- Decorate with strawberries and with flowers if you wish.
- STRAWBERRY JAM
- In a small pot, bring maple syrup to a boil.
- Add strawberries and stir well.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and let it cool down for 5 min.
- Transfer to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, add chia seeds and mix thoroughly.
- Cover with lid and place into a refrigerator overnight.
RELATED RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE