Veggie Salmon Sushi Roll with Avocado & Smoke Flavor
Have you made sushi before? I did, two years ago, it was a Avocado Caterpillar and you can see it HERE . At that time I didn’t have very good lighting and camera, so the photos aren’t the greatest. Oh well, that was long time ago. At this time, I was planning to make this Veggie Salmon Sushi for a while and I finally did it. It turned out delicious, but there is still room for improvement with my rolling skills, lol.
Especially the sushi with avocado on top and more carrot inside was not tight enough. I was trying to use up all the carrots, but I had lots of small pieces that didn’t hold very well. I learned that is much easier to work with long and thin slices or wedges. Altough, if you are making it only for yourself it doesn’t really mater. Nevertheless, I think sushi is always a nice presentation for parties or dinners with your friends and loved ones.
Therefore, learning how to make it is always a good skill to have under your belt. And since I am not expert yet, I attached couple of videos for you to watch. There is plenty more on YouTube, if you wish to search some more. However, I found these two very helpful and they may like them as well.
One more thing I would like to mention is the green cream on top of the rolls. In case you are wondering, since I did not included in the recipe, because it is such a minor detail. All that is, is a blend of avocado and veggie mayo. To be more precise, I am using Vegenaise by Follow Your Heart, however, you can use other brand if you like. To decorate you need piping bag for cake decorating.
Well, I hope I encouraged you to make sushi if you haven’t yet. And if you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know. I would love to hear from you. Thank you for visiting!
VEGGIE SALMON SUSHI ROLL
- Sushi mat, plastic wrap, Sushi rice mixing bowl
- 1 cup of Sushi rice
- 2 Nori sheets
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 2 avocados
- 1 ½ cup of marinated carrots (RECIPE for VEGGIE SALMON attached)
- DIPPING SAUCE
- ½ cup Vegan Mayo
- 1 tbsp Sriracha or hot sauce of your choice you can add more if you like
- Cook sushi rice according to instructions on the package.
- Mix rice with vinegar with salt and maple syrup.
- Apply to cooked rice following the attached video.
- Arrange your layers.
- When ready, apply the carrots on the outside of the sushi roll by choosing the best pieces. Each piece should slightly overlap the next. I attached a video showing how to do it with avocado. It should help you with the carrot as well.
These are very important videos to watch, especially if you never made Sushi before:
RELATED RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE