Veggie Smoked Salmon on Bagel with Dill Cashew Cream Cheese
You would not believe how delicious Veggie Smoked Salmon is until you try. This is already second time I made it and I absolutely love it! I have actulay another recipe coming up right after, because I made double portion of carrots. And guess what I made? The photos are ready, but I will not show you until the recipe is written, but I tell you what it is! I made Veggie Salmon Sushi rolls. Really yummy too!
I’ll do my best publishing that one soon as possible as well. Altough I am having hard time siting front of computer when the weather is so lovely. I just wanna go outside and photograph flowers and bees! I am also helping my daughter with her little garden, while spending time with my grandsons.
However, lets get back to this delicious Veggie Smoked Salmon on a Bagel. I am wondering how do you usually like or liked smoked salmon, because this is exactly the way I used to eat it. I prefer the open sandwich style, although I did it both ways for the photoshoot. By the way, the cream-cheese is absolutely dreamy and it’s the perfect match for the veg salmon. Oh and I hope you like capers, because I love them, even though I eat them rarely. The problem is, they are very salty, but little bit, once in awhile is okay. And this bagel would not be the same without them.
I would also like to mention that you can skip the bagel if you prefer low carb, keto or gluten free version. If I may suggest Mary’s crackers or Omega Bun Dry Mix. Otherwise, feel free to make any adjustments based on your taste or your diet.
Thank you so much for visiting and I if you have any questions or suggestions I would love to hear from you.
VEGGIE SMOKED SALMON
- Food processor, mandoline slicer
- 4 carrots medium size
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- ½ cup of water
- 4 bagels
- Lettuce of choice
- ½ Red onion
- TO MARINADE
- ¼ cup of Low sodium Tamari
- 2 tsp smoke liquid
- ¼ of Nori sheet cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp Flaxseed oil
- Himalayan pink salt to taste
- Water ¼ cup
- Liquid from your steamed carrots as well.
- DILL CREAM CHEESE
- 1 cup Cashew 1 cup presoaked for 6 hours and rinsed
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Garlic powder to taste
- Himalayan Pink salt to taste
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of fresh dill minced
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor except dill until smooth.
- Transfer into a bowl
- Add the minced dill a mix thoroughly.
- Wash and lightly peal your carrot and place them into a pot with boiling water.
- Add salt, cover with lid, and reduce the heat.
- Steam about 20minutes or until you can easily pierce with fork.
- When ready, let them cool down for 20minutes.
- You my slice them with knife mandoline slicer to very thin slices.
- Transfer the slices into a container with marinade. Make sure they are fully covered in marinade.
- Cover with lid and store in a refrigerator for 24hours.
- When ready, assemble your bagels and serve.
RELATED RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE