Spinach Tofu Scramble with Waffles is the healthier choice for Sunday brunch. High in protein, yet cholesterol free and of course, delicious.
Happy Mother’s Day everyone! Well today is only Saturday, but tomorrow I will be spending with my family! I am also guessing that many of you may read this tomorrow anyway. The truth is that this Spinach Tofu Scramble would be perfect for Sunday branch this weekend and I should have posted earlier! Oh well, I am sorry about that, however, I did posted those delicious and HEALTHY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES.
They would be perfect surprise for your moms, besides many other recipes I have on my blog. Nevertheless, This Spinach Tofu Scramble with gluten free waffles, is perfect breakfast or brunch for any day or weekend. It is highly nutritious and satisfying. What is also great, that you can take it with you to work, because you can heat up those waffles in a toaster. By the way, if you do not have waffle maker, they are actually quite abortable. I got my on Amazon and I absolutely love it.
I would also suggest adding more veggies or salad, for example GURU SALAD, which is Finely sliced Kale with Red Cabbage. Anyway, check my SALADS page for more ideas if you like. Altough, you can just cut up some tomatoes, like you see on the photos, or radishes, peppers and cucumbers.
Also, they are many variations how to make the tofu scramble. To be honest, I make it quite often, because it is easy, quick, flavorful, satisfying and highly nutritious. Sometimes I make it with red peppers, another time with mushrooms and most often just with green onions – scallions. Oh and by the way, I love it with potatoes on the side. Whether bake potato or oven roasted.
I am sure, all of you vegans reading this are no strangers to scrambled tofu and maybe you can share your ideas and experience with us. I would love to hear from you and thank you for visiting.
SPINACH TOFU SCRAMBLE
- Dough cutter or food processor, waffle maker, brush.
- TOFU SCRAMBLE
- 350 gr organic firm tofu
- 2 cups organic baby spinach
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp low sodium Tamari
- ½ tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Kala Namak Salt to taste just a pinch to add the flavour of eggs, optional
- 1 tsp red paprika powder
- Cayenne pepper to taste optional
- Chilli flakes optional
- Pink Himalayan to taste
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil or oil of your choice
- Plant based milk 2 cups
- Apple cider Vinegar 1tsp
- ¼ Avocado oil cup or oil of your choice
- Gluten free flour blend 1 ¾ cups or gluten free flour of your choice
- ¼ cup Chia seeds
- ¼ Quinoa flakes
- 1 ½ tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Grape seed oil or oil of your choice
- TOFU SCRAMBLE
- Rinse the tofu and dry in the paper towel.
- In the bowl, scramble the tofu by using dough masher or just your hands. Food processor also works well, while pressing pulse button.
- Sauté onion on hot oil until translucent and add the garlic and all the dry spices. Stir thoroughly until all combine
- Add tofu, tamari, smoke liquid and stir until all combine.
- Let is sauté for 30 seconds, stir again and repeat.
- Add the spinach gradually while stirring, until is mix in and soft.
- Adjust the taste and serve.
- Mix the milk with vinegar and let it sit for 10min to activate and add avocado oil later.
- Blend all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- When ready, combine all together by mixing gently until smooth and let it sit for 10min.
- Preheat your waffle maker to a medium setting.
- When ready, lightly brush with grape seed oil.
- Fill your waffle maker measuring cup full and pour the batter in.
- After you receive signal, open the lid, but close it again after few seconds for another minute.
- When you receive another signal, careful remove with plastic thongs and spatula.
- Serve immediately.