Vanilla Custard Mini Parfaits with Quinoa Granola and Strawberries is a pure delight in tiny jar. Whether you have it for breakfast, or take it to work with you.
Can you believe I made these cute little vanilla custard parfaits only because of the little jars? I was walking around in our local supermarket while besides shopping I was also inspecting new vegan products, as I always do, lol. And there it was; Riviera Vegan Yogurt that I never seen before! Not only was I excited by finding a new vegan product, but I was super thrilled by the adorable jars.
I had flash of ideas going through my head, how I am going to eat them quickly and then I will used them for yummy parfait recipe. Altough, I wasn’t completely sure about the details yet! Well the eating went as I planed, because I can honestly tell you, that the yogurt was delicious. One of the best I had, really! I only wish I could find plain one, unfortunately, not in the jars. They had only one flavour packaged this way in the store, which was the mango – passion fruit. As I said, it was yummy, but next time I will get just plane in the regular container, because I don’t need to buy anymore jars.
Couple of days later, I finally decided what I am going to do with them and Ta Daaaaaah!!! Here it is! But don’t worry, even if you don’t have exactly the same jars, you can use what ever you have in the cupboard. And if they are bigger, you can double the portions. They are too small yet too delicious, therefor, go ahead and make them bigger. Or you can find a bigger parfait recipe on my DESSERT page.
Truly, they are so tasty and guilt free, that I may make them again in bigger jars for myself and my family. It would be also great to use jars with lid, so you can take them to go with you to work or gym. Anyway, let me know what you think; I would love to hear your suggestions.
VANILLA CUSTARD MINI PARFAITS
- Sauce Spoon with Spout
- 1 cup plant based milk I use oat milk
- 2 tbsp Arrowroot powder
- 3 tbsp Erythritol
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries to garnish
- BOTTOM STRAWBERRY LAYER
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- STRAWBERRY LAYER
- Bring the maple syrup into a boil, add frozen strawberries and reduce the heat.
- Let it simmer until strawberries are completely soft.
- Smash them with a fork as much as you can.
- Fill your jars equally using a sauce spoon with spout and set aside.
- Blend all the ingredients in a small pot and whisk on medium heat until it thickens.
- Fill your jars equally using sauce spoon with spout and let it cool for 15 minutes
- When ready, top with granola and fresh strawberries.