Indulge in the velvety richness of Veggie Chowder, crafted with a luscious fusion of cauliflower and cashews. This delectable and heartwarming soup is an ideal choice to savor during the chilly season.
Since the first time I discovered what a creamy, yet healthy dairy substitute cauliflower can be, I fell in love with it. Since then I made not only creamy soups but also pasta sauce, Thai food sauce, and mashed potatoes. It was all delicious, therefore I will continue making more recipes with this versatile vegetable. If you like, you may take a look at some of my other recipes with cauliflowers. One of my favorites is VEGAN KETO CHICK’N WITH CAULIFLOWER MASH and CREAMY CARROT BISQUE.
At this time I have for you super healthy, flavorful, and very creamy VEGGIE CHOWDER. You can even tell from the photos how smooth and creamy it is, mainly because of the cauliflower. Although I did add some cashews and OAT MILK, which by the way, is amazing as well. And if you are a cauliflower lover, you also know how yummy it is when grilled, fried, or baked. Although the recipe instruction includes only cooked cauli florets, you can fry them with a little bit of oil with salt and pepper. My photos show clearly what I mean. I did it primarily for the presentation, but of course, it did add a touch of nice flavor as well.
Now I would like to point out the maroon carrots that you also see in my photos. Well, I chose them again mainly for the presentation and you’re free to use them as well if you like. But I must warn you, that your soup will turn very pink. Therefore, think about it before you drop them in, lol. They are beautiful, delicious, and full of nutrients, however, I did not mix them in until I was done with the photoshoot. Even though I love pink color, it was not what I was going for in this case. Also, as you may notice, I listed only regular carrots in the recipe. Yet again, the choice is yours.
However, chowder boasts remarkable versatility, allowing you to select your preferred vegetables. Should you have any suggestions or inquiries, please do not hesitate to share them; I eagerly await your input. Wishing you a splendid week ahead.
- Food processor
- CREAMY BASE
- 1 cauliflower large or 2 small
- 2 parsnips
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup cashews soaked for 4 hours and rinsed
- 1 cup plain plant based milk I use oat milk, you may add more if needed
- 1 onion medium size
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Grind peppercorns to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Himalayan oink salt to taste
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil (or oil of your choice)
- 1 ½ cup of mushrooms sliced
- ½ cauliflower only florets
- 2 carrots
- 1 ½ cup corn frozen
- ½ cup curly parsley fresh and diced
- ¼ cup grape seed oil or oil of your choice
- Wash and dice half of cauliflower, peal and dice the parsnip.
- Dip into boiling water, add salt and cover with lid.
- Reduce the heat and let in simmer for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- In the meantime, dice onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- When ready, transfer to a food processor and blend with all the rest of creamy ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to a pot and set aside.
- Cut the florets of half of cauliflower into smaller pieces, wash, and slice the carrots and drop them into ½ cup of boiling water.
- Reduce the heat and simmer in ½ cup of water with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes.
- Add frozen corn, stir well and cook another 5 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, sauté the mushrooms on heated oil until golden brown.
- When ready, mix all with creamy base.
- Add parsley, adjust the taste and thickness.