Chia Parfait with Green Spirulina, Yogurt & Fruit
We are in the second half of February, thank goodness! I am literally counting the days, because the weather here in Toronto is unbearable. It’s snows at night, then it melts at day time, the sky is mostly gloomy so it’s mess, lol. I need to see some colors in nature again, but in the meantime, I am just making some colourful food to make me feel better.
What do you think about this beautiful green color of green spirulina? Although it is practically tasteless, it is full of vitamins and minerals. Just follow this link if you would like to learn more about the Health Benefits of Spirulina.
The combination of chia pudding and yogurt was also a great idea, especially the Chobani brand. This was actually the first time I tried it, because usually I go for So Delicious. Anyway, they are both heavenly and I highly recommend!
Nevertheless, you can be creative and come up with your own combination. Making delicious and healthy parfaits is not only easy, but it is so much fun as well. Let me know how yours turned out, I would love to hear about it!
GREEN CHIA PARFAIT
- 2 Jars or glasses
- 1 ¾ cup Coconut milk (canned)
- ¾ cup Chia (possibly white)
- 2 tbsp Green spirulina powder
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 lemon (only juice)
- 2 kiwi fruits
- ½ cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup plant-based yogurt (plain or vanilla flavour)
- 1 cup Raspberries to garnish
- Mint leaves to garnish (optional)
- Blend chia with milk, maple syrup and lemon juice in a bowl a stir well.
- Add spirulina, stir well again and place into refrigerator for two hours.
- When ready, divide the mixture into your jars.
- Divide the pomegranate seeds and make a layer on top of chia in the jars.
- Peal and slice kiwi fruits and create another layer.
- Top with yogurt, arrange raspberries on top with mint if you like and serve.
RELATED RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE