Guilt free Waffles with Chocolate Syrup & Strawberries
Well, I am really running late, because tomorrow is Valentine’s Day and I was planing to publish this recipe yesterday. However, my daughter asked me to go with her and my four years old twin grandsons skating, so obviously I dropped everything, lol. Oh, but I wasn’t skating, I was just helping them standing up, since they are learning as you can imagine, lol. We had lots of fun and they always bring me so much joy. I have to say, there is no better Valentine’s present for me than a day with my two little rascals.
However, these delicious CHOCOLATE WAFFLES can be a lovely addition to start your Valentine’s Day whether for your sweetheart or the whole family. They are the easiest yummy treat to make, besides they are full of healthy nutrients and refined sugar free. The waffles themselves are actually totally sugar free, if you use Erythritol. The dark, 90% Lindt chocolate is very low in sugar, only 2 grams per 30 grams of chocolate. And yes, I know I added Maple syrup in the recipe, but if your really concern about that, you can use just melted dark chocolate with little bit of coconut milk.
On the other hand, for those of you are ready to indulge, go a head and add some VEGAN ICE CREAM! There is so much selection in the supermarkets now day; just follow this link and pick your favor HERE !
I wish you HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY and if you have any questions or suggestions, I would love to hear from you.
- Waffle maker, brush
- 2 cups Plant based milk (I use Oat milk)
- 1 1bsp Apple cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil Cold pressed
- 1/4 cup Erythritol (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 3/4 cups Gluten free flour blend (or gluten free flour of your choice)
- 3 tbs Cacao powder
- 1/2 cup Quinoa flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tbsp Grape seed oil (or oil of your choice)
GLUTEN FREE FLOUR BLEND
- 1 1/2 cup Brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup Buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup Almond flour
- 1/2 cup Arowroot powder
- Mix thoroughly
- 60 gr Dark chocolate (I use Lindt 90%)
- 1/4 cup Coconut milk Canned
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler above
- When ready, take it off the heat, add milk and
whisk well until smooth.
Add maple syrup and repeat.
- Mix the milk with vinegar and let it sit for 10min to activate,
- In the meantime, melt the coconut oil in a double boiler above steam, add it to the milk and stir.
- Blend all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- When ready combine all together by mixing gently until smooth and let it sit for 10min.
- Preheat your waffle maker to a medium setting.
- When ready, lightly brush with oil.
- Fill your waffle maker measuring cup full and pour the batter in.
- After you receive signal, open the lid, but close it again after few seconds for another minute.
- When you receive another signal, careful remove with plastic thongs and spatula.
- When ready, serve right away with strawberries and chocolate syrup.
RELATED RECIPES YOU MAY ALSO LIKE